The Galaxy Watch 5 and 5 Pro are more like a improvement over their predecessor instead of ones that break new ground. Except for bigger battery, faster charging, more durable design, a new temperature sensor etc., many other aspects stay the same as last year. Nevertheless, either of the Galaxy Watch 5 series is one of the best Android smartwatches you can buy right now. So, here’s the problem, what if you already own an iPhone and are considering getting the Galaxy Watch 5? Can you connect it with your iPhone?
Can you connect Galaxy Watch 5/5 Pro with iPhone
The short answer is no. Like the Galaxy Watch 4, Samsung still limits the compatibility of the new version to only Android devices. You may be able to download the iOS Galaxy Wearables app, but when you are trying to connect the Galaxy Watch 5/5 Pro with your iPhone, the app will fail to recognize your watch and you will see an error message.
Actually, many Samsung smartwatches before the Galaxy Watch 4 support compatibility with iPhone. Features such as adjusting noise cancellation settings, modifying touch controls and changing the equalizer will not be available on iPhone, but you can still connect the watch and use it like a normal Bluetooth device, using the features as usual like phone calls, notifications, heart rate monitor, fitness and sleep tracking as well as music and media playback.
Why won’t the Watch 4 or Watch 5 devices work with iPhones or iOS devices? It may be that these devices run Wear OS 3, while previous ones used Tizen. Or it is simply because Apple no longer would like to see the strong competitor Samsung taking away its potential buyers in the aspect of wearables.
Despite disappointment, there are still lots of great options out there for iPhone users, such as Apple Watch (which naturally offers the perfect compatibility and better experience) and other compatible brands: Fitbit Versa 3, Fitbit Sense, Honor Magic Watch 2 and more.
- 📢【MFi Certified】: JSAUX USB C to Lightning Cable has completed MFi certification requirements. The Apple MFi certification and JSAUX strict quality testing ensure the safety of your Apple devices even when fast charging at the highest speed.
- ⚡【Power Delivery Fast Charging】: Charge your iPhone 13 from 0% to 60% in just 30min. JSAUX USB-C to Lightning Cable supports fast charging for iPhone 13, 13 mini, 13 pro, 13 pro max12, 12 Mini, 12 Pro, 12 Pro Max, 11, 11 Pro, 11 Pro Max, SE, X, XS, XR, XS Max, 8, 8 Plus, and other later models when using your USB-C Power Delivery Charger (including Apple 18W, 20W, 29W, 30W, 61W, or 87W USB-C Power Adapter).
- 💗【New APPLE C94 Connector】: This cable uses the Newest C94 lightning end which is specially designed for fast charging, whose color is different from the previous C48 lightning end. Charging Speeds 2.5× Faster than USB A to Lightning Cable.
- Universal High Speed: From iPhone to Samsung to USB-C tablets and more, Anker’s signature PowerIQ 3.0 technology provides high-speed charging to virtually any mobile device.
- Wide Compatibility: Works flawlessly with USB-C phones, tablets, and more.
- Superior Safety: Anker’s exclusive MultiProtect safety technology provides complete protection for you and your devices.
- Ultra-Compact: Built small to give you unimpeded access to the rest of the dashboard.