Instead of redesigning the Galaxy Watch 5 and 5 Pro from the ground, Samsung improves the basics while taking over other features from their predecessor. For example, body composition measurement is a major selling point for Galaxy Watch 4, and Samsung includes the same functionality on the new smartwatch. On the other hand, Samsung also advertised the increased battery capacity and a new fast charging feature. Now let’s learn more about it.
According to Samsung, the Galaxy Watch 5 and 5 Pro are equipped with 10W WPC-based wireless charging, which is twice as fast as that on Galaxy Watch 4. You can achieve this charging rate using the new USB-C faster wireless charger Samsung just released (not included in box), but note that there’s no bundled charging block so you have to arrange one for yourself.
On paper, the Galaxy Watch 5 and 5 Pro are capable of recharging 0-45% in just 30 minutes. That’s much faster than the Galaxy Watch 4 and almost as fast as the Apple Watch Series 7. In addition, all models of the Galaxy Watch series also have bigger battery life than last year, with the Galaxy Watch 5 (40mm) coming with a 284 mAh battery, the larger Watch 5 (44mm) variant featuring a 410 mAh battery, and Watch 5 Pro 590 mAh (which can last up to 80 hours on a single charge according to Samsung).
However, like every other battery-operated device, “Actual battery life may vary depending on network environment, usage pattern and other factors“, such as always-on display, usage of fitness-monitoring features, and more.
- Designed for iPhone: Anker Nano is designed to provide the maximum charge to iPhone 12.
- Unrivaled Speed: Charge iPhone 12 and previous iPhone models up to 3× faster than with an original 5W Charger.
- Space-Saving Design: At 50% smaller than a standard iPhone 12 USB-C charger, Anker Nano provides plenty of power while saving space in your bag or while plugged into a wall outlet.
- Works with Most Handheld Devices: Provide high-speed charging to most flagship phones including iPhone and Samsung Galaxy S20 as well as smartwatches and earbuds.
- Rapid Charging. Plug into any standard wall outlet via the include AC adapter. The Super Fast charger delivers up to 3 Amp to give your phone power at a much faster rate than your standard 1A or 700mA charger.
- Compatible with various devices. Wall Charger does the job for Android devices as well as devices that run different operating systems. For this Wall Charger, the size of your devices isn’t a problem; from earbuds to laptops, take advantage of an ideal charging time for your devices at speeds they can manage to handle.