In recent years, eSIM has been more and more popular, with the latest iPhone 14 models even dropping the SIM card slot in favor of eSIM technology. Because it’s much more convenient than physical SIM, people may expect eSIM technology on their tablet as well. So, can you use eSIM on Galaxy Tab S8 series?
What is eSIM?
Before answering the question, it is necessary to know what is eSIM. eSIM is essentially embedded SIM, just like a programmable chip built into smartphones and other portable devices. Whether you’re using it for work or are just on the go, having an eSIM in a smartphone or tablet brings you a new level of mobile connectivity and productivity. eSIM is better than physical SIM mainly for these reasons:
- It’s more secure as it can’t be removed if it’s stolen or lost.
- It’s more convenient because you don’t need to obtain, carry, and swap physical SIM cards, or wait for them to arrive by mail. For example, you can activate eSIM simply by scanning a QR code offered by your carrier.
- It enables you to store multiple cellular profiles at the same time, and you can easily toggle to select which carrier you’d like to use.
Do Galaxy Tab S8 series support eSIM?
Though Samsung has ever released a eSIM smartwatch (Samsung Gear S2), it seems to move forward more slowly in this direction than expected. There are many Galaxy phones with eSIM like Galaxy Z Fold 4, Galaxy Z Flip 4, and Galaxy S22 series, while if you want to find a Galaxy tablet with eSIM technology, you may be upset. Till now, Samsung is yet to launch a tablet with an eSIM, let alone the latest Galaxy Tab S8 series.
On the Tab S8, you can only take advantage of physical SIM (nano-SIM, without dual SIM support). To add a SIM card you need to remove the card holder on the side of the tablet, then place your SIM in the SIM holder and insert the card holder into the tablet.
Tablets with eSIM
As a tablet is bigger than smartphone and easier to carry around than laptop, tablets enabled with eSIM would be a trend in the future, despite the fact that the technology is not mature yet and only certain tablets offer this feature. If you are looking for a tablet with eSIM, we recommend you take a look at iPads, such as the iPad Pro series 2022, the iPad 2022, and iPad mini 2021. Note that you’ll a cellular model to enable eSIM.
- Easy to Carry: With a small size of 4.7″ x 4.2″, the portable tablet stand can be foldable and easy to slip into your pocket for travel.
- Multi-Angle Adjustable: There are multiple viewing angles to choose from 15° to 100°, you can always find one you like. This tablet holder for desk can hold your smartphone or tablet at a comfortable angle, ideal for watching videos, reading, recording, browsing, facetime call and more.
- Sturdy and Durable: Premium ABS material supports this ipad pro stand holder for desk durability in usage. Silicone pads on the bottom to protect your phone or tablet from sliding and scratches.
- 【 Multi-Angle 】Adjustable tablet holder easily adjusts, supporting both vertical and horizontal viewing. The hook width of the stand is 18mm, please make sure the thickness of your tablet or tablet with case on is no more than 18mm (0.71 in).
- 【 STURDY CONSTRUCTION& RUBBER PADS】 Rubber pads and feet of tablet dock can protect your device from daily scratches and sliding
- 【 SMART LIFESTYLE】 Perfect for playing game, watching videos, viewing photos, reading, typing, video recording, and Lamicall provide you good service.
- 【 Why Special 】Stand for Tablet was made of spaceflight Al-Ti alloy and super high strengthened alloy steel material, higher strength, lighter weight.