Apple Pencil has greatly changed the way people use the iPads. It just feels intuitive, precise, and magical whenever you’re drawing, note-taking, or marking up documents. So it’s common to hope that Apple Pencil can also work with iPhone. Can you use Apple Pencil on iPhone? Sadly not, all iPhones, including the latest iPhone 14 series don’t support Apple Pencil.
Actually, Apple Pencil only applies to the iPad display that iPhones don’t have. There are two Apple Pencil versions on the market, and each of them support different iPad models:
- Apple Pencil (1st generation) is compatible with iPad mini (5th generation), iPad (6th, 7th, 8th, and 9th generation), iPad (10th generation), iPad Air (3rd generation), iPad Pro 12.9-inch (1st and 2nd generation), iPad Pro 10.5-inch, and iPad Pro 9.7-inch.
- Apple Pencil (2nd generation) is compatible with iPad mini (6th generation), iPad Air (4th generation and later), iPad Pro 12.9-inch (3rd generation and later), and iPad Pro 11-inch (1st generation and later).
Samsung’s S Pen on their Galaxy phones have achieved so much popularity, why doesn’t Apple add a stylus on iPhones too? Will Apple do that in the future? From a comment by Steve Jacobs years ago, we can know that they are not going to design input devices for its phones and they insist that our fingers are the only input devices we should ever need. One day Apple may add this support to iPhone, but it’s only when Apple’s sure S Pen support is a useful feature for most of its users.
If you need a portable device with a stylus support, you can purchase Galaxy S22 Ultra, the first S series product with an embedded S Pen, or the most recent Galaxy Z Fold 4. If you are used to Apple’s own system, you can turn to iPad to meet your needs for editing, note-taking, drawing, etc. After all, that is the device Apple Pencil is designed for.
Do you think Apple will make an iPhone Pencil one day? Would you buy one if it were available on the market? Share your opinions with us in the comments below.
- Soft to the Touch: You’ve never felt a cable like this before. The silicone finish feels remarkably soft between your fingers as you plug the cable into your device.
- Super Strength: Our softest cable ever is also one of our strongest. With a 25,000-bend lifespan, this cable is more than ready to handle the stresses and strains of charging on the go.
- Bend It, Twist It, Flex It: Remains tangle-free even when stuffed into a bag or pocket, or wrapped around a portable charger.
- Certified Safe: MFi certified to work flawlessly with all of your Lightning devices, including iPhone 13/12 and iPad. Safely charge your device at its highest possible speed when connected to a Power Delivery high-speed charger.
- The Belkin Difference: Pioneer in technology and innovation for over 35 years.
- Secure Attachment: The Car Vent Mount PRO with MagSafe has been tested to attach securely to most standard car vents, but you should ensure that this product can attach securely in your particular vehicle’s vents prior to use.
- MagSafe Compatible: Powerful MagSafe car vent mount connection with high-quality base and vent clip keeps your device safely in place while driving. Compatible with MagSafe cases.
- View in Any Orientation: Set your playlist in portrait and flip to landscape to use your navigation app.