Apple’s new iPad Pro 2022, the most powerful productive device, are finally there. It is perfect for people in many ways from work to environment, but before you buy, it is important to check if it matches your needs. For example, since wireless charging of your phone has brought so much convenience to your life, you may be wondering if the iPad Pro 2022 has wireless charging capability as well, through MagSafe or the Qi standard.
Well, the short answer is no. The iPad Pro 2022 doesn’t support wireless charging regardless of the standard. This is not surprising as most tablets on the market don’t support, either. And actually, none of Apple’s existing iPad and Mac models support wireless charging.
Why doesn’t the iPad support wireless charging? To achieve that, Apple may have to take several factors into consideration.
First, to make the iPad capable of wireless charging, you need to put charging coils inside the tablet, which will work as receivers to conduct magnetic induction to electricity to charge the device. Considering the large size of iPad, the charging coils put inside it may be larger than that in an iPhone. So, the question arises: will the addition of charging coils affect the overall performance or structure of the iPad?
Second, all iPhones and other smartphones on the current market that support wireless charging feature are made of glass or plastic. While iPads are made of aluminum. Induction doesn’t work with metallic surfaces, so if Apple want to incorporate wireless charging into iPad, it has to make it without a metallic back. Plastic may greatly cripple the aesthetics of iPad, and on the other hand, glass can make iPad for its size heavier and easier to break.
Another possible reason is that wireless charging will drive up the cost of an iPad. And if the tech is not useful enough for the consumers, there’s no point in implementing it and charging extra for it.
Although you can’t wirelessly charge the iPad Pro 2022, there’re a lot of other ways to keep it topped up.
- Connect the included USB-C cable to the device’s USB-C port and to the power adapter. Then plug the adapter into a wall outlet.
- If you have a higher-wattage USB-C power adapter (like the one for your Mac) use it with your iPad Pro 2022 for faster charging.
- Other common ways to charge your iPad include: connecting it to your Mac or computer with the USB-C cable, and using a portable power bank, solar charger, or car charger.
- iM-Power Technology: Our cell phone portable battery charger comes with two USB ports, both USB ports detecting your device intelligently and deliver the faster charge. 2 USB ports charge 2 devices simultaneously (Max single & total output 2.4A ). NOTE: It may not support devices with small currents under 1A, like some Bluetooth headsets, smartwatches and so on. You can contact us to confirm compatibility if you are not sure
- Digi-Power Technology: Unique smart digital display technology shows remaining power in digital format. You always know when the usb battery charger is fully charged and how much power it’s available. Built-in LED flashlight for dark or low-light environments. Our power charger is useful especially you are in a pinch and need a small light during a blackout.
- 🔋【3A High-speed Charging USB C Portable Charger】: 25% charging speed faster compared to similar versions on the market. 4 smart USB outputs get the fastest charging by intelligently detecting and regulating the charging current. Provides a total 5.4A output to charge up to 4 devices simultaneously with Charmast battery pack. The versatile USB-C port supports fast input and output. Long-lasting portable charger for iPhone, iPad, Samsung Pixel More
- 🔋【Heavy but Compact Battery Pack】: The weight of this power bank is around 14.1ounces, which is just a bit heavy, but the weight matches the actual capacity of 26,800mAh.Thanks to an advanced slim profile that is only 0.55 inches thick, which makes for a comfortable grip, the fully rubberized cover lets you enjoy a nice touch and protects your device from scratches or drops. A must-have battery pack for cell phones.