Apple finally debuted the second generation of AirPods Pro on its recent “Far Out” event, with all the excellent features like the Active Noise Cancellation (ANC), the stellar Transparent mode, seamless switching between Apple devices and more. If you have just upgraded to the AirPods Pro 2 and are wondering how to care for it and how to charge it for the first time, you’ve come to the right place.
First things first, you need to know that charging earbuds doesn’t mean charging the earbuds directly. Instead, you charge them in their case. The AirPods Pro 2 comes with lithium-ion battery, so you don’t have to fully charge the earbuds before first use. They usually come with at least 50% battery, and you can either use directly or have a charging at first. When the battery is running low, you will hear alert from the case’s built-in speaker. Or you can also pair the AirPods Pro 2 with your Apple devices to see the exact battery life.
Battery life of AirPods Pro 2
The brand-new AirPods Pro 2 offers up to six hours of listening time with Active Noise Cancelling on, compared with the predecessor offering 4.5 hours. If put into the charging case, they can holds up to 30 hours of battery life.
How to charge AirPods Pro 2 the right way
The AirPods Pro was launched with the ability to charge via Lightning, Qi accessories, and MagSafe charger. While this time, Apple added one more way to charge the AirPods: Apple Watch magnetic charging puck.
- Lightning cable: AirPods are only Apple devices that still keep Lightning port except iPhone. The AirPods Pro 2 come with a Lightning to USB-C cable in the box, so you can just use it to connect your AirPods on one end and an power adapter or your Mac on the other end.
- Qi accessories: AirPods Pro 2 is Qi-enabled, which means that you can use any charging mat that is Qi-compatible.
- MagSafe charger: Apple’s MagSafe charger can charge latest iPhones and AirPods with a wireless charging case. You can buy Apple’s MagSafe charger for 39$ or turn to other reliable third-party brands.
- Apple Watch charger: Those who have already owned an Apple Watch may be glad to hear that Apple now allows you to charge your AirPods Pro 2 with the Apple Watch charger. Simply place the AirPods on the Apple Watch charging case and then they will start charging. If you don’t have an Apple Watch yet, Apple also sells Apple Watch charger separately.
How to learn about the battery life via the status light
If your AirPods Pro 2 are in the case with the lid open, the light shows the charge status of your AirPods. If they aren’t in the case, the light shows the status of the case. Green means fully charged, and amber means less than one full charge remains.
- 【Latest upgrade】The Qi-certified wireless charger stand with upgraded design and internal chip ensures safe and fast wireless charging. One charging device for your iPhone, iWatch, and Airpods. Suitable for home and office usage.
- 【Ultra Safe】Qi-certified, exclusive multifunctional intelligent protect technology provides temperature control, surge protection, short-circuit prevention, and more. Please use the included adapter and avoid a thick protecting case for a better experience.
- 【Unique Design Perfect for AirPods】 It is compatible with AirPods (with wireless charging case) and AirPods Pro. The size of the AirPods fits perfectly into the charging area of the wireless charging pad, perfect wireless charging companion for AirPods, easier to find the “Sweet Spot”. Also, both top and bottom have a rubber ring, will keep your AirPods in place and prevent slippage.
- 【More User-friendly Design】SLEEP-FRIENDLY DESIGN. The GREEN LED Indicator will flash for 3s if power source is connected, then turn on for 16s if recognizes your phone well. Entering charging mode, light will turn off and keep the whole charging process SLEEP-FRIENDLY.