Apple has again stirred things up a bit with its iPhone 14 lineup. With all the nice enhancements in hand, people are also paying attention to what may be removed or what they’d like to be added in the new handsets. For example, if you are wondering if the iPhone 14 variants support dual SIM or micro SD card, you’ve come to the right place.
Does iPhone 14 support dual SIM?
Yes, all the iPhone 14 models support dual SIM, which means that you can use two separate cellular connections simultaneously. However, note that it means two eSIMs in US. If you are outside the US, you still have an option to use one physical SIM slot. While for users in China, the phones are offered with dual SIM slots.
iPhones used to support SIM cards only. On the iPhone X, Apple for the first time supported what it called Dual SIM (nano-SIM and eSIM). On the iPhone 13 series, Dual eSIM was introduced, saving space for more phone capabilities. Some people may worry that dual eSIM on iPhone 14 would cause hassle to switch cellular providers outside the US, or force them to pay expensive roaming fees. But according to Apple’s latest support document, dual eSIM has lots of benefits, like “You can swap which of your stored eSIMs are active simply by changing your selections in Settings. This might be helpful if you travel regularly to the same places.”
The iPhone 14 series allows up to 8 eSIMs to be stored and 2 eSIM being used at a time. If you have no idea how to set up an iPhone eSIM, here’re the common ways to do it.
Does iPhone 14 support micro SD card?
Apple has never added a micro SD card slot on its iPhones, and this time you still cannot upgrade the storage for your iPhone 14 via a micro SD card either. The base storage of the new phone is 128GB, and upgrading to 256GB and 512GB costs you 100$ and 300$ respectively. Fortunately, if you’re not keen on spending extra dollars for higher storage variants, there’re several solutions for you.
- Option 1: Buy a Lightning to USB adapter. All you need to do is use it to connect your phone with your flash drive or hard drive.
- Option 2: Buy a Lightning to micro SD card reader.
- Option 3: Use iCloud+ to store your files.
- 【Super High Speed】The transfer speed of this USB Camera Adapter is 25MB/S-30MB/S which is 2 times faster than the speed of other products,the best way to copy photos and video to the iPhone or iPad in a short time;
- 【Plug & Play】Plug and Play & easy to use,no need to download APP,share your photos and videos from your camera to your social network freely,No need to use PC anymore,Fast and easy !
- 【Portable Design】Easy to carry by the thumb size.The lightweight and ,anti-scrath zinc alloy body design is great convenient for home,office and travel to connect the device to get the fast data sync.Convert and transfer sync data to any USB port devices faster by the USB 3.0 upgraded version.
- 2 In 1 Double Card Slot: The sd card reader compatible with sd and micro sd(TF) memory card, support all iPhone with iOS 9.2 and up and ipads with iOS 8.0 or later,It’s easily download photos or videos from sd cards directly to the iphone or ipad, and share videos or photos with friends and relatives anytime and anywhere.
- Charge Your iPhone and ipad：The memory card reader adds a charging port, charging and card reading can be operated at the same time. When you use an sd card reader to transfer photos and videos, you no longer have to worry about the power shortage of your iPhone or ipad.
- Fast Data Transfer Speed: The sd card reader for iphone transfers photos or videos from the camera or memory card to the iphone or ipad at a speed of 20MB/s ~ 30MB/s.for iphone and ipad users, this is the best way to copy photos or videos from sd card to iPhone or ipad, you can save a lot of time to do more meaningful things.