Apple announced its iPhone 14 models on its “Far Out” event on September 7. The base models are more like polished iPhone 13 iterations, retaining the A15 Bionic chip and wide notch as usual. At the same time, the iPhone 14 Pro models pack some exciting upgrades, including the new A16 Bionic processor and the pill-shaped notch called “Dynamic Island”.
In the aspect of physical connection, all the iPhone 14 models still don’t feature the long-awaited USB-C port. Instead, all the new phones stick to the proprietary Lightning connector, which has been used by Apple for ten years. In the box, you have a USB-C to Lightning cable. There aren’t headphones or a Lightning to headphone jack connector.
Actually, the EU agreement has been out for years that all smartphones are required to use the same charging port: USB-C. It is aimed at minimizing e-waste, and for the consumers, they can also benefit from it without the need to carry multiple cables and chargers on the go.
When will we have an iPhone with USB-C connector
Despite the pressure from the EU ruling, Apple has been reluctant to switch over from its proprietary connector, possibly due to the reason that it is trying to make its own ecosystem more stable and unique. When should we expect a USB-C on iPhone? Taking a look at other Apple devices, you can see that Apple firstly introduced a MacBook that only offers USB-C ports for both charging and dongles. Till now, all MacBooks have USB-C connections, USB-C has been applied to nearly all iPad models. That is to say, Apple is forced to shift to the new standard gradually.
According to the reliable LeaksApplePro, all iPhone 15 models will come with USB-C. While the EU legislation clearly requires all mobile devices to use USB-C ports for wired charging “by autumn 2024”, which will apply to smartphones, tablets, cameras, headphones, handheld video game consoles, e-readers and more. So if you want an iPhone with USB-C port, iPhone 15 would be your first choice.
- 🔋【Perfect Alignment & Easy charging at night】In the dark of bedroom, never worry about how difficult to find the charging port. The magnetic wireless charging pad let the perfectly aligned magnets attach to your iPhone 14/13/12, whether you are working, watching videos, listening to music, or chatting.
- 🛒【Portable & Multi-port Input】The high-quality metal material offers good performance with longer spanlife. Only 0.23 inch (thickness), with 4.9 ft integrated multi-port cable, just like the smallest & lightest wireless mag safe charger. Free up more space and easy to carry. Recommended to use with 18W, 20W or higher USB-C & USB-A Power Adapter (SOLD SEPARATELY).
- 💗【Intelligent Protection】As with MagSafe Charger, your iPhone or JSAUX magnetic wireless charger might get slightly warmer while your iPhone charges. To extend the lifespan of your battery, if the battery gets too warm, software might limit charging above 80 percent.
- 3-in-1 360° Full Protection: This 3-in-1 protection pack is designed for iPhone 14 to provide complete 360-degree protection to your phone; It includes a case that provides 15ft drop protection, a glass screen protector that protects the screen from dirt, scratches, and fingerprints and a lens protector that shields your rear camera lenses from getting scratched or cracked
- Multiple Shockproof Layers: This tough clear iPhone 14 case is our most protective case and provides superior 15 ft drop protection, strong built-in magnets for MagSafe charging, and raised edges (5mm) for camera protection; It is made with bio-based materials, anti-scratch, anti-yellowing, and anti-degradation technology; Furthermore, it has a crystal clear finish, slim fit, tactile buttons, enhanced grip, and shock-absorbing corners