The iPhone SE 2022 is the fastest and best small smartphone you can buy under $500. You get 5G connectivity and A15 Bionic processor the same as that in iPhone 13, which means that you’ll enjoy the excellent performance and great-looking photos. However, did iPhone SE 2022 have or bring back the legacy features like 3.5mm headphone jack and physical home button?
Does iPhone SE 2022 have a 3.5mm headphone jack
No, iPhone SE 2022 doesn’t have a 3.5mm headphone jack. There’s only a Lightning port for both charging and audio output. 3.5mm headphone jack used to be the norm of every smartphone, but phone manufacturers tend to ditch the port ever since Apple had the ‘courage’ to release the iPhone 7 without a headphone jack back in 2016. Thus, it shouldn’t come as any surprise that iPhone SE 2022 doesn’t buck the trend.
To maximize your listening experience, you can still take advantage of your old wired headphones, as long as you connect them via a Lightning to 3.5mm adapter. Apple doesn’t include the adapter in box, so you need to buy one on Apple’s website for $9 or select a reliable third-party brand.
Alternatively, Apple also offers EarPods, its official wired earbuds for $19 that connects directly to the Lightning port. Or you can turn to the wireless headphones, such as AirPods, which comes with Spatial Audio, wireless/MagSafe charging, seamless device switching, and up to 30 hours of battery life.
Does iPhone SE 2022 have physical home button
iPhone SE 2022 is essentially a modern phone in old design, and the physical home button is one of the old features that allows you to quickly unlock your phone or go back to your home screen. This is the design language dated back to the last model, released in 2020, and then the iPhone 8, which came out in 2017. For those who are reluctant to give up iPhone with Touch ID or feel inconvenient to use their phone with swipes, this is a comfortable design and familiar one.
On the other hand, be sure to check out what else you can do with the physical home button, whether you plan to upgrade to the new SE or simply consider to get a device with Touch ID.
Anker 2-in-1 Audio & Lightning Charging Adapter
- Two-in-One: Expand what your iPhone’s Lightning port can do. Listen to music, watch videos, or take calls while simultaneously charging your iPhone at its maximum possible speed.
- Spotless Audio: Plug in a pair of 3.5 mm headphones and enjoy crisp, high-fidelity audio. Everything from songs, podcasts, videos, calls, and more sound clear thanks to lossless audio.
- Slim & Stylish: The glossy finish blends seamlessly with your iPhone, while the compact design ensures the adapter fits snugly next to your iPhone in bags, purses, wallets, or pockets.
- MFi Certified: Officially certified by Apple for flawless compatibility with Lightning devices—including the latest iPhone models—ensuring safe audio output and charging at your device’s maximum possible speed.
JSAUX Lightning to 3.5mm Adapter
- 【Apple MFi Certified】: JSAUX Lightning to 3.5mm Adapter has completed APPLE MFi certification requirements. The Apple MFi certification and JSAUX strict quality testing ensure completely and securely connect with your Apple devices.
- 【Keep the Functionality】: With this Lightning Dongle Converter Adapter, it allows your Earbuds / Headphone / Earphone to Control Volume, Skip Music ( previous / next / pause), Answer the Calls, Use Siri as usual.Guaranteed to work seamlessly without any error messages.
- 【High Quality Assurance】: Special Strain Relief design, can bear 15000+ bends in strict laboratory tests. Premium Aluminum housing makes the cable more durable. Premium nylon braided type c cable adds additional durability and tangle free.
- 【Super Sound】: JSAUX Lightning to 3.5mm Headphone Adapter, sampling rate up to 48KHz and filter out noise. Provides a clear with no breaks quality sound.