iPad screen protectors are often considered as unnecessary because they don’t experience the same wear and tear as iPhones. But because iPads are expensive, you may want to protect them the best you can.
Screen protector is necessary for most people
Though not that commonly used as iPhone, your iPad can also be carried around in your purse, backpack or satchel. If it’s not protected by a screen protector, other items like keys, phones etc. are likely to scratch the iPad screen. If you bought the iPad for your children, its risk of getting scratched or cracked is higher.
Another compelling reason to protect your iPad with a screen protector is that replacing the screen can be rather expensive (iPad out of warranty and without Apple Care can even cost you $349-$699). If you’re planning to resell your iPad, the investment in a screen protector will ensure you get a pristine iPad as well as the best price.
For people who like to use Apple Pencil on their iPad, a screen protector will protect the screen from micro-scratch the Pencil produces. You can turn to paper-like protectors that are specifically designed to emulate the feel of actual paper.
How to choose a screen protector for your iPad
A screen protector is the minimum investment that generates that best result. Once you decide what’s right for you, the next step is picking up the best screen protector for your iPad. There’re generally four types of screen protectors:
- Polyethylene Terephthalate (PET): The most common plastic protectors that are thin and smooth to the touch. It can be easily abrased, but the bright side is that it’s rather cheap.
- Thermoplastic Polyurethane (TPU): Another plastic protectors, but with more elasticity which means it can naturally heal itself when it gets scratched.
- Tempered Glass: These screen protectors can replicate the look and feel of your iPad screen, but can withstand abrasion and cracks better at the same time.
- Paper-like: This is the option we have just mentioned. They are great for Apple Pencil users as they give your iPad screen the feel of paper.
- Precise cut to compatible with iPad Air 5th generation / iPad Air 4th generation 10.9 inch and iPad Pro 11 inch. Not compatible with iPad with home button and other models
- With super air-exhausting self adhesive, the scrren protector can adhere on the screen automatically, smooth installation with no bubble
- Only 0.26mm thickness with 99% crystal clear tempered glass, no worries about touching and writing, keeps high sensitivity of pencil
- This screen protector is made of 9H hardness tempered glass can effectively protect your device from scratches and smudges in daily use
- Package include 2 pack screen protector, 1 specific instructions and 1 installation kit
- Tempered glass durability rated at 9H hardness
- An innovative, auto-alignment tool for effortless installation
- Case Compatible with Spigen iPad Air 5 (2022) / iPad Air 4 (2020) case / iPad Pro 11 inch (2021/2020/2018) case
- Oleophobic coating for daily fingerprint resistance
- Touch-responsiveness guarantee hassle-free access and no delay
- iPad Air 5 Screen Protector Designed for iPad Air 5th Generation 2022
- iPad Air 4 Screen Protector Designed for iPad Air 4th Generation 2020
- iPad Pro 11 inch Screen Protector Designed for iPad Pro 11 inch 2021/2020/2018