With just a $450 price tag, Samsung Galaxy A53 offers a lot that you want: a 6.5-inch big display, multi-lens camera, long battery life, 5G, expandable storage, and much more. On the other hand, however, the price means there’re some compromises to be made. For example, the material may feel a bit cheap, and there’s no charger in the box and no traditional 3.5mm headphone jack.
There’s no 3.5mm headphone jack on Galaxy A53
Many smartphones Samsung released last year come with headphone jack, including the Galaxy A02, Galaxy A12, Galaxy A32, Galaxy A52, and others. But the Galaxy A53 doesn’t have one, and you need to buy a 3.5mm to USB-C adapter and then use your wired headphones as usual. Or you may be interested in the more popular wireless headphones/earbuds. Samsung also offers a couple of external stereo speakers on top and ample listening options, so listening without headphones would be a good choice.
Actually, 3.5mm headphone jack is a feature that is disappearing from mainstream smartphones. Apple for the first time removed the headphone jack from the iPhone 7 in 2016; Google ditched it on Pixel 2; and Samsung started to remove the headphone jack on Galaxy S20 series back in 2020. So obviously it is only a matter of time before more and more mid-range smartphones lose this feature.
How about IR blaster?
IR blaster is another good old-school feature, but Galaxy A53 doesn’t have support for IR blaster either. If one of your main purposes for buying a smartphone is to be used as a remote control, you might want to look elsewhere.
IR blaster, or infrared blaster, is a technology embedded in the phone that allows it to function as a remote control for other devices like television, set-top box, or stereo compatible with IR remotes. The feature is especially useful for older devices that don’t offer Bluetooth or wireless connections. Companies like Samsung have more or less ditched the technology altogether, but you can still find it on other smartphones, such as Huawei P50 Pro, Xiaomi Mi11 series, Poco M4 Pro etc.
Charging Cables for Galaxy A53:
- Important Information: This is a USB-C to USB-C cable and as such will only work with USB-C chargers. It does not work with USB-A chargers.
- Supports Power Delivery: Get up to 60W high-speed charging for all of your USB-C devices when paired with a USB-C charger.
- Universal Compatibility: Compatible with virtually all USB-C devices including phones, tablets, and laptops. (This cable does not support media display.)
- Built to Last: A hard-wearing nylon exterior and a bulletproof fiber core combine to create a cable that can withstand up to 12,000 bends
- ✔【100W High Power Delivery】The 5A/20V 100W PD technology takes the charging speed to the next level. The fast charge can fully charge a Samsung S20, from 0 to 100%, in 50 minutes. It can also charge a MacBook Pro 16″ up to 75% in 1 hour – 58% faster than a 60W cable.
- ✔【Certified E-Marker Chip】The certified smart chip regulates the current and voltage, ensuring the safest 100W fast charge. You can use it to charge any device with confidence.
- ✔【Build to Last】Premium Zinc alloy material, with smooth UV coating and integrated design, makes this cable oxidation resistant and colorfast. The high-quality nylon braided cable will not wear out with prolonged use.
- ✔【Broad Compatibility】This cable supports most of the fast charging protocols on the market. It can charge all USB-C phones, tablets, laptops, even the latest MacBook Pro/Air, iPad Pro, and Nintendo Switch at maximum speed.
- USB IF CERTIFIED Test ID: 5,280,000,219. Safe and high quality TYPE C Cable. USB-C to USB-C cable Nekteck USB 3.1 Gen2 Type C Cable is Type C Spec Compliant and Certified with (Superspeed + Marking).All of these can give any users a piece of mind!
- FAST DATA TRANSFER CAPACITY: With 10Gbps SuperSpeed+ data, there’s no need to worry about slow transfer anymore! This USB 3.1 Gen 2 cable offers 2x better speed than USB 3.0 and 3.1 Gen 1. Enjoy charging your devices and transferring data at the highest speed!
- BETTER POWER SUPPORT AND DISTRIBUTION: Has power output of up to 20V,5A/ 100W . USB 3.1 Gen 2 is also backwards compatible with USB 3.0, USB 2 and other older versions
- SUPPORTS 4K VIDEO TRANSFER: Enjoy watching videos in crisper and sharper resolution! The Nekteck USB C Gen 2 Cable can connect a USB-C display up to 4K@60Hz. NOTE: The DisplayPort Alternate Mode is required with 4K output device and monitor