Apple just released the iPad Air 5 (2022) at its “Peek Performance” spring event, the more affordable but rather basic iPad compared with iPad Pro. iPad Air 5 takes the same design as its predecessor, but with an M1 processor, a much better video-conferencing camera, and 5G as a cellular option, the new model absolutely delivers the power you need to get work done like a pro.
As for battery life, iPad Air 5 features the same 28.6Wh battery capacity as iPad Air 4. Apple predicts that you’ll still get 10 hours of mixed use (including video watching and web browsing) or Wi-Fi surfing, or 9 hours on cellular data. With moderate use and excellent standby times, it can probably sit a couple of days without depleting.
Apple puts a 20W charging block and a USB-C cable in the box together with the iPad Air 5. It’s not that fast, but better than nothing. Generally, it takes one hour to reach 50% and roughly 2.5 hours to fully charge your iPad Air 5. To speed up the process a little, you can also use non-Apple fast chargers. For example, a 30W charger can get the iPad Air 2022 to 100% with just two hours.
- A universal USB-C wall charger to replace the in-box power supply removed from newer devices
- Optimized for iPhone, Samsung, and other Power Delivery enabled smartphones
- Dynamic power delivery with PPS technology delivers up to 25W for Samsung smartphones and up to 20W for iPhone
- Fast charge from 0-50% in 30 minutes for iPhone or 0-50% in 26 minutes for Samsung smartphones
- Certified USB-C PD 3.0 PPS delivers a safe and fast charge to your compatible device
- Compact, travel-ready design
- Works with Samsung S20 plus, Samsung S20, Galaxy Note 20, Galaxy Note 20 Ultra, Galaxy Z Fold 2, MagSafe Charger, iPhone 13, 12, 11, Pro, Pro Max, Mini, iPad Google Pixel 4a, Google Pixel 4
- The Anker Advantage: Join the 55 million+ powered by our leading technology.
- Charge Up to 3x Faster: Power up the iPhone 13 series to 50% in less than half an hour—that’s 3x faster compared to an original 5W charger.
- Take Anywhere: Easily carry PowerPort III 20W Cube with you thanks to the compact design and foldaway charging prongs.
- Superior Safety: Equipped with a wide range of safety features including temperature control and current regulation to protect your connected devices.
- Important Information: This is a USB-C to USB-C cable and as such will only work with USB-C chargers. It does not work with USB-A chargers.
- Supports Power Delivery: Get up to 60W high-speed charging for all of your USB-C devices when paired with a USB-C charger.
- Universal Compatibility: Compatible with virtually all USB-C devices including phones, tablets, and laptops. (This cable does not support media display.)
- Built to Last: A hard-wearing nylon exterior and a bulletproof fiber core combine to create a cable that can withstand up to 12,000 bends