The Galaxy A series have always been Samsung’s best-selling mid-rangers, and Galaxy A53 is likely to gain the greatest number of people for 2022. Aside from an aesthetically-pleasing design that resembles Samsung’s flagship devices, it also boasts some significant features like a large and bright display, new core hardware, bigger battery, four years of OS updates and more.
On the other hand, people have been missing the micro SD memory card slot since Samsung removed it from the Galaxy S21 series. Considering Galaxy A53 is a mid-ranger, can you take advantage of this feature this time around? The answer is definitely yes.
The new phone comes with 128GB/256GB internal storage and 4GB/8GB RAM, which should suffice for apps, games, photos, videos, and more for many. But if you want to further expand the storage, Galaxy A53 also enables you to insert a micro SD card up to 1TB. Note that it’s a hybrid dual SIM smartphone, meaning that SIM2 and micro SD shares the same place, and you can only use it with two SIMs or one SIM and one micro SD simultaneously.
That is to say, if you are using dual SIM at the moment and want to benefit from a micro SD, a smartphone that supports dual SIM and a dedicated SIM/micro SD slot will be better for you. Here’s a list for your reference.
The SIM/micro SD card slot is based at the bottom of the phone, together with the USB-C port and microphone. First, power off your phone, and use the ejector pin to eject the SIM tray. Put your SIM card on the “SIM1” and your micro SD on the flip side. Make sure the shining part facing you. Then you’ll notice the message saying that “SD card inserted”. You can check the usage of your micro SD on “My Profiles”. Make sure you unmount it before you take out the SD card.
Samsung PRO Endurance 128GB MicroSDXC Memory Card
- Designed specifically for video monitoring cameras (dash cams, surveillance & security cams, CCTV, body cams, etc.)
- Up to 43,800 hours of 4K and Full HD (1080p) recording and playback
- Reliability Built to Last – Water-proof, Shock-proof, Temperature-proof, X-ray-proof, Magnetic-proof
- Transfer speeds up to 100MB/s
Kingston High Endurance 128GB MicroSD SDXC Flash Memory Card
- Thousands of hours of reliable recording — capture critical video recordings at home or on the road in full HD 1080P with up to 20, 000 hours* of video recording.
- High Performance, seamless recording — Record and transfer HD video files quickly with read/write speeds up to 95/45MB/s****.
- Durable in harsh conditions — built and tested to be shockproof, waterproof, temperature proof and protected from x-rays**.
- Cost effective — save on monthly cloud storage fees by recording to local storage.
- Capacities*** 32GB, 64GB, 128GB
SanDisk Extreme Pro 128GB MicroSD Card
- Built for extreme conditions Temperature proof, water proof, shock proof, and X-Ray proof
- Delivers 4K Ultra HD and full HD video recording and Playback
- Meets the new UHS speed Class 3 (U3) and UHS video Speed Class 30 (V30) for 4K UHD
- Read transfer faster with speeds up to 170MB/s
- A2 rated for Android app performance.