Samsung unveiled three tablets at its latest Unpacked event: the 11-inch Galaxy Tab S8, the 12.4-inch Tab S8+, and the 14.1-inch Tab S8 Ultra, with prices ranging from $699.99 to $1,099.99. The new models inherit the good features like the 120Hz AMOLED screen and the high-resolution cameras, but besides that, you can also see some improvements that make the S8 series a very competitive rival of iPad, including the Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 processor, Wi-Fi 6E support, the upgraded DeX, S Pen compatibility and more.
Whether the Galaxy Tab S8 series is your top choice or you’re going to further compare different tablets, one thing that you really care about may be charging. Does Galaxy Tab S8 series support fast charging? How to charge Tab S8 for the first time? In this essay, you’ll have an answer.
Does Galaxy Tab S8 series support fast charging?
The S8, S8+, and S8 Ultra have an 8,000mAh, 10,090mAh, and 11,200mAh battery respectively, which should last you from 13-15 hours of video playback. Actual battery life may vary depending on network environment, usage patterns and other factors. All the handsets support 45W fast charging, and you either need 80 minutes (for S8 and S8+) or 90 minutes (for S8 Ultra) to fully charge them.
There’s no support for wireless charging, but you can take advantage of wired reverse charging (15W) via the USB-C cable for your Galaxy phones, such as Galaxy S22.
Does Galaxy Tab S8 series have a charger in the box?
Though ditching the charger is limited to smartphones these days, you will get no free charger with the new Galaxy Tab S8 series for the first time. In comparison, all of the iPad models still include a free 20W charging adapter. The removal of charger, according to Samsung and other manufacturers, is in consideration of environmental protection and the fact that most people already have a charger on hand. In theory, it’s best to use Samsung’s original charger, but you can also achieve the maximum charging speed by using your old power adapter or buying a new one with a better price tag.
How to charge Galaxy Tab S8 series for the first time?
The batteries used in the current smartphones and tablets are actually Lithium-Ion or Li-Ion, which don’t come with the “memory effect” (meaning that the battery appears to “remember” the smaller capacity) like nickel-based batteries. Instead, they come with a fixed number of charge cycles, so after unboxing your new Galaxy Tab S8, it’s not necessary to charge it right away or discharge it all the way to zero just to charge it again to full for hours.
Most batteries of tablets have about 60% of battery out of the box, so you can absolutely use it until the battery is low. Of course, you may want to fully charge your Tab S8 if you want to use it for an extended period of time.
- Gallium Nitride (GaN) Tech: Unlike Silicon Chipset, Navitas Gallium Nitride (GaN) Chipset allows the ArcStation to be smaller than the genuine charger. Also, allows the charger to operate with higher efficiency and generate less heat than genuine charger.
- Wide Compatibililty: From mobile phones to Laptop, 45W ouput is compatible with Galaxy S22 Ultra / Galaxy S22 Plus / Galaxy S22 / Galaxy S21 Ultra / Galaxy S21 Plus / Galaxy S21 / S20 / Note 20/ Note 10 / Pixel 6 Pro / Pixel 6 / Pixel 5 / Pixel 4xl / iPad Pro / iPad Air / Macbook Air / Nintendo Switch and more USB C devices. (For iPhone fast charging, separate USB C to Lightning Cable is required)
- USB-IF CERTIFIED CHARGER (TID: 3772) : This 45W Power Delivery USB Type C Wall Charger has passed rigorous test by USB compliance standard. It’s fast, safe and provides you the best possible performance
- BUILT WITH PPS TECHNOLOGY: You have now found the charger that supports Programmable Power Supply(PPS) which would compatiblewith Samsung Note 10/S10/10+, and this charger also support fast charging. DELL XPS 13″ does not support PD3.0 (PPS), so this charger cannot charge DELL XPS 13″.
- SMART TECHNOLOGY: This Charger will intelligently identify your devices automatically and provide the fastest and most efficient output current (5V/3A, 9V/3A,15V/3A, 20V/2.25A), and PPS with output 3.3-11V/4.05A , 3.3-16V/3.0A
- TRAVEL READY: This charger conforms to international voltage compatibility (AC 100-240V), which is ideal for international travel
- 45W USB C Charger: Equipped with a type c port, UGREEN PD 3.0 charger provides Max 45W output for high-speed charging of Apple phones, iPad, laptops, and all USB-C devices. Charging iPhone 11 up to 50% in just 30 minutes.
- Safe Charging: With the intelligent chip inside, the type-C power delivery adapter matches the current as your device’s need automatically. Over-current, over-voltage and short-circuit protection effectively protect your devices from damage and ensure the safer charging overnight.
- Compact Size: Easily portable, small and lightweight; 2.4″x 1.9″x 1.1″ size and wide voltage range from 100V to 240V makes it suitable for travel.
- The Anker Advantage: Join the 50 million+ powered by our leading technology.
- Simultaneous High-Speed Charging: 2 PowerIQ 3. 0 enabled USB-C ports combine for a huge 48W of power. A 30W port feeds your most power-hungry devices including USB-C notebooks, while an 18W port provides high-speed charging to tablets and phones.
- Universal Compatibility: Our PowerIQ 3. 0 technology is designed to work flawlessly with virtually any USB-C device including phones, tablets, notebooks, and more.
- Superior Safety: Anker’s exclusive MultiProtect safety system provides complete protection for you and your devices.