Samsung has been stuck to 25W fast charging for a long period of time, and before launch, there were lots of rumors that the Galaxy S22 series would feature 65W fast charging, is it true? Let’s find out.
According to Samsung official, the standard model S22 features a 3,700mAh battery that can last a day on a single charge, while the S22+ and S22 Ultra have a 4,500mAh and 5,000mAh battery respectively that can last more than a day. This is not a good performance compared with S21 series, but Samsung makes up for that with a higher charging speed on these new phones.
How long does it take to fully charge the Galaxy S22 series?
The Galaxy S22 remains 25W fast charging, which can charge to 60% within 30 minutes with Samsung’s own 25W power adapter. On the other hand, the premium S22+ and S22 Ultra both support 45W fast charging, and you can expect the batteries to charge to 50% after 20 minutes and 70% within half an hour.
How to charge the Galaxy S22 series at the maximum speed?
Since the charging speed has been leveled up to 45W, you may be wondering how to charge the Galaxy S22+ or the S22 Ultra at the maximum speed. There’s still no charger in the box, only a USB-C to C cable, so you either need to use your old charger or pick a new plug. If you’re going to buy a new one, you should know that Samsung’s charging technology is based on the USB PD PPS protocol. So as long as you buy a charger directly from Samsung or the third-party with USB PD PPS protocol, you’re sure to be able to fast charge your new phones in 45W.
Does the Galaxy S22 series support wireless charging?
Wireless charging technology has been widely applied to smartphones on the market, and there’s no exception for Galaxy S22 series. All of them support Qi wireless charging with a speed up to 15W, not the fastest speed, but enough for those drop-and-forget situations. Qi is the only wireless charging standard for now, so it’s easy to pick one from a large number of first-party and third-party options.
The Galaxy S22 phones also support Wireless PowerShare, or reverse wireless charging. They can provide up to 4.5W of power to other accessories that support wireless charging, such as your Galaxy Buds Pro.
- Super fast charging up to 45W with Compatible devices
- Rapid charging – plug into any standard wall outlet via the include AC adapter. The super fast charger delivers up to 3 amp to give your phone power at a much faster rate than your standard 1a or 700mA charger.
- Flexibility – a detachable USB-C to USB-C cable is included in the box, so you can charge your phone from any other USB-C power source such as your computer or a portable battery. Use the cable to sync and transfer files at blazing speeds with your Galaxy or any other compatible smartphone or laptop.
- Gallium Nitride (GaN) Tech: Unlike Silicon Chipset, Navitas Gallium Nitride (GaN) Chipset allows the ArcStation to be smaller than the genuine charger. Also, allows the charger to operate with higher efficiency and generate less heat than genuine charger.
- Wide Compatibililty: From mobile phones to Laptop, 45W ouput is compatible with Galaxy S22 Ultra / Galaxy S22 Plus / Galaxy S22 / Galaxy S21 Ultra / Galaxy S21 Plus / Galaxy S21 / S20 / Note 20/ Note 10 / Pixel 6 Pro / Pixel 6 / Pixel 5 / Pixel 4xl / iPad Pro / iPad Air / Macbook Air / Nintendo Switch and more USB C devices. (For iPhone fast charging, separate USB C to Lightning Cable is required)
- Fast wireless charging up to 15-watts for Qi-enabled devices, including iPhone, Samsung Galaxy, Google Pixel and more
- Simplify and unclutter your workspace with the convenience of wireless charging
- Charges through lightweight plastic cases up to 3millimeter
- Designed for Qi-enabled devices, including iPhone iPhone 13, 12, 11, Pro, Pro Max, Mini, AirPods, Galaxy Note 20, S21, S21 plus, S21 Ultra, AirPods, AirPods Pro and more
- Protected by 2-year warranty and Qi Certification
- Power supply included
- Non-slip grip material keeps phone in place
- LED light indicates proper charging