At the beginning of 2022, Samsung again showed us their most recent flagship S lineup: Galaxy S22, Galaxy S22+, and Galaxy S22 Ultra. No big changes have been made, except for some upgrades including the Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 chipset, upgraded cameras, refined designs, etc. Besides that, the Galaxy S22 Ultra resurrects the Note series with S Pen support.
Does Galaxy S22 series support micro SD?
At the same time, the Galaxy S22 series also lacks some features just like their predecessors. Take expandable storage, for example, the new Galaxy phones don’t have a micro SD card slot, and all you have is the internal storage of up to 256GB on Galaxy S22 and S22+, and up to 1TB on the Galaxy S22 Ultra.
One of the reasons why micro SD card slot is dropped may be that sacrificing it could make room for other useful features like slightly larger battery or more camera sensors. For us consumers, we can either choose to embrace the change or stick to what we like. Besides buying the model with more internal storage, you can also buy a USB-C flash drive so that you can store files and easily transmit them to another device. If you need a lot of space for your photos and videos, cloud storage (like Google Photos, OneDrive, and more) is also a great option.
Does Galaxy S22 series support eSIM?
It is a trend for phones recently to have eSIM support alongside a standard physical SIM. An eSIM is basically a small chip inside your phone which requires no physical swapping. You can change your operator with a simple call and temporarily change to another network if you find yourself in an area without a signal. Like S21 series, all the S22 models are dual-SIM devices with eSIM compatibility. You can enable either single SIM (Nano-SIM) or dual SIM (2 Nano-SIMs+eSIM, dual stand-by).
- Dual Card Slots: Includes both an SD and a microSD card slot, making it easy to transfer, copy, or save your files.
- Dual Connectors: Whether connecting to your laptop or to a phone, we’ve got you covered with a USB-A connector on one side and a USB-C connector on the other.
- Transfer Files in Seconds: Access your photos and videos at speeds of up to 104 MBps.
- Ultra Compact: The slimline design can be plugged into your laptop without interfering with the surrounding ports.
- Easily transfer files between smartphones, tablets and computers
- Free up space on your Android smartphone (Mobile device requires USB Type C port and On The Go (OTG) support)
- Retractable design with a reversible USB Type C connector and a traditional USB connector
- High speed USB 3.1 performance of up to 150MB/s Read Speeds (USB Type C port with USB 3.1, Gen. 1/USB 3.0 support required. Based on internal testing; performance may be lower depending upon host device.)
- SanDisk Memory Zone app for Android (available on Google Play; Download and installation required) lets you easily manage and back up content on your smartphone and tablet