The Galaxy S21 FE finally came out on January 3, after months of rumors and reports. As usual, it cuts down on some premium features but keeps the essential ones the Samsung fans love, such as one of the best mobile chipsets of 2021, the excellent camera performance, and the 120Hz adaptive refresh rate. Aside from these, many people may be wondering if the new handset supports micro SD card, as its predecessor S20 FE.
Does Galaxy S21 FE support micro SD card?
The fact is, Galaxy S21 FE doesn’t have a micro SD card slot, which means you can’t expand the storage of the new phone as you want. You’re offered two storage options: 128GB (which costs $699) and 256GB ($769). If you are someone who likes to keep a lot of songs and videos on your phone, the 256GB version would be better for you. If that’s still not enough, you can also store your files on the cloud.
All the S21 series come without micro SD card slot as well, and it is obvious that this feature would be rarer and rarer. If micro SD card is your deal-breaker, check S20 FE or some Android phones like Motorola Moto Z or LG G5.
Does Galaxy S21 FE support dual SIM?
Although you can’t make use of micro SD card, you can benefit from dual SIM. The Galaxy S21 FE supports dual SIM functionality (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by), so you can use two cellular plans simultaneously for different purposes. Check the YouTube video to see how to insert the SIM card at the phone. Note that your new S21 FE must be factory unlocked model SM-G990U1/DS to enable this feature. Carrier models SM-G990U don’t support dual SIM.
As for eSIM, the latest Galaxy S21 FE doesn’t have eSIM capability, though all the S21 series do have. We’re not sure if Samsung would add it in the next update.
- Tactile 3D design provides secure grip with raised bezels for screen protection
- Dual layered bumper case provides drop-test certified, military grade protection
- Bold and stylish colors to complement your Galaxy S21 FE
- Built to be wireless charging compatible and screen protector compatible
- Caseology Parallax Designed for Samsung Galaxy S21 FE Case 5G (2021)
- Double Protection: Tempered glass screen protector will fit your phone screen perfectly. Precise laser cutting size provides maximum protection for the entire touchscreen surface of your Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 5G 2021, scratch-resistant and blowout-resistant. Glass camera screen protector effectively protect entire camera lens from drops, scratches and other accidents. Offer full protection and double sercure.
- Night Shooting Mode: This camera lens protector with an upgrade “Night Flash Circle” and Increased Electrostatic Adsorption, not affect the flash in the night shot environment. And this Camera Protector has 99.99% light transmittance, Whether it is day or night, keeping for Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 5G 2021’s picture original quality, gives you an ultra-clear viewing and photo taking experience.