One reason why AirPods are so popular is their quick and smooth connection with iPhone and other Apple devices. If you just received your new AirPods 3, follow the steps below to set them up.
How to connect AirPods 3 with Apple devices
Open the charging case with two AirPods in, hold it close to your iPhone which is unlocked. After a second or two, a setup will appear, tap Connect. To connect AirPods 3 with iPad and Mac, open Control Center on the top-right of the screen, tap the AirPlay button, and then choose AirPods. Before connection, you may be asked to set up “Hey Siri”, if you haven’t done that yet.
It is worth mentioning that the Bluetooth should be turned on, and your iPhone, iPad or Mac’s software must be up-to-date, or else the connection will fail. To reconnect your AirPods 3, put them in the charging case with the lid closed. Press and hold the setup button on the charging case for up to 10 seconds until the status light flashes white, which means that your AirPods are ready to connect.
How to connect AirPods 3 with non-Apple devices
You can also connect your AirPods 3 with any non-Apple devices. Some featured will be limited, such as Siri, but you can use them as normal Bluetooth earbuds. To start with, go to Settings, and turn Bluetooth on. Keep your AirPods in the charging case with the lid open. Press and hold the setup button on the back of the case until you see the status light flash white. Then you’ll see AirPods appear on your Bluetooth device, select them.
How to enable and disable automatic switching
Your AirPods 3 also support automatic switching between your Mac with macOS Big Sur, iPhone with iOS 14, and iPad with iPadOS 14 or later, as long as you are signed in with the same Apple ID. It’s very convenient because when you have a call on your iPhone while you’re listening to music on your Mac, your AirPods will automatically switch to the phone.
Once you don’t want this feature, open Bluetooth connections on either your iPhone, iPad or Mac, and then choose and then choose When Last Connected to This iPhone/iPad/Mac.
- Solid hard-shell TPU and PC materials provide protection against drops and scratches. Unique 2-piece design allows for easy opening of your case.
- Included Carabiner keeps your AirPods from getting lost, clip to your belt loop or backpack and go.
- Precise Cutouts provide access for your USB cable and front LED is visible while charging.
- Customer Satisfaction is our priority, your SupCase AirPods case comes with a one-year warrantee.
- Compatible with AirPods 3rd Generation 2021 release. Please Note: AirPods and Charging device are NOT included.
- Textured for grip, with matte-finish anti-fingerprint coating
- Dual layered with military-grade TPU and PC for exra protection
- Easy to carry anywhere with an anti-slip grip and an included carabiner
- Wireless charging compatible
- Designed for Airpod Case 3rd Generation Compatible with Airpods Case Third Generation (2021)