The third-generation AirPods, or AirPods 3 are finally here, with a handful of new features including the Pro-style design, support for Spatial Audio (with Dolby Atmos), and most importantly, the best battery of any AirPods to date (except for AirPods Max).
Each earbud delivers 6 hours of battery life on a single charge, or 5 hours when Spatial Audio is enabled. If you take a phone call, it gets up to 4 hours of talk time. Combined with the charging case, you’ll enjoy a total of 30 hours of listening time, or 20 hours of talk time.
How to charge your AirPods 3 wirelessly
To charge your AirPods 3, simply place them in the case. The AirPods support fast charge — just 5 minutes of charging in the case could get them 1 hour of use. Note that if your AirPods are in the case, the light inside the case shows the charge status of your AirPods. Once the AirPods are removed, the light shows the charge status of the case. Green means fully charged, while amber means less than one full charge remains.
The AirPods 3 are MagSafe compatible, which means you can either charge them on a Qi-certified charging mat or on a MagSafe Charger. The earbuds will magnetically snap into place and start charging, but they won’t charge faster than other wireless chargers. The charging case of AirPods 3 only accepts a maximum of 5w, no matter the wireless charger.
How to charge your AirPods 3 with cable
To charge your AirPods 3 with cable, plug the Lightning cable that came with your AirPods into the Lightning port on your case, and then plug the other end of the cable into a USB charger or port. For faster charging, you can use an iPhone or iPad USB charger, or simply connect the case to your Mac.
How to improve the battery life of your AirPods 3
An extra few hours of listening time may not sound like a huge jump, but it can make a big difference for a rather small device like AirPods. Still, if you want to further extend the battery life of your AirPods 3, try these methods below:
- Avoid opening the AirPods case frequently: AirPods have been known for their really quick connection with iOS devices, so each time you open your case, your AirPods Bluetooth may be activated and use the battery. To avoid this, open your case until you decide to use your AirPods.
- Turn off some smart features: There’re many smart features that you may not use daily but consumes too much of your AirPods’ battery life. Check in your connected device and see which might be the culprit and turn it off.
- Use one earbud at a time: You can also use one of your AirPods at a time It may affect your listening experience, but in doing so you can double the battery power.
- Compatibility: only compatible with AirPods 3rd Generation (2021); AirPods not included
- Enhanced Drop Protection: shock-absorbing silicone with a hard inner core provides protection against drops, bumps, and scratches for your AirPods 3rd Generation case
- Easy Access: snug fit with a hingeless, two-part design that opens fully for quick and easy access to your earbuds
- Made to Move: built-in keychain hook with included carabiner makes keeping track of your AirPods 3 case a breeze
- Wireless Charging Ready: supports wireless charging and keeps your status light visible
- Soft designed AirPods case cover, perfect fit for Airpods 3 2021.
- Made of premium TPU, 360°fully protects your AirPods against bumps, drops and scratches.
- Comes with a metal carabiner clip, making it convenient and secure to attach to your backpack and carry your AirPods anywhere.
- This Airpods case won’t affect wireless charging, and show the LED lighter when charging.
- What You Get: 1*AirPods 3 case cover, 1*Carabiner.(AirPods 3 & AirPods Charging Case NOT included.)