The new MacBook Pro lineup (both 14-in and 16-inch) is the best solution for those creative professionals with amazing performance, even on battery, and the best screen you’ll find on a laptop anywhere. So, what is the right way to charge your MacBook Pro 2021? How long does it take to fully charge?
You may be wondering if you need to calibrate your new MacBook’s battery. Well, the truth is, you don’t need to do anything special for the first charge. Just use up the battery or charge it to full. Either way makes no difference. The reason is that today’s batteries, especially the Apple ones, are generally Li-ion or Li-Po batteries that need no calibrating. They are fully prepared for use, and the optimized charging system in them will preserve your laptop’s chemical age by slowing down charging speed as soon as it gets up to 80%.
Apple claims that both of the new MacBooks support fast charging, which allows them to charge up to 50% within 30 minutes. However, they still require around two hours for their battery to reach its full charge.
To fast charge your new MacBook Pro 14-inch, you can either use MagSafe or any USB-C cable as long as the power brick is at least 96W. You can choose one according to the compatible cables and power adapters list given by Apple:
- 140W USB-C Power Adapter + USB-C to MagSafe 3 Cable
- 96W USB-C Power Adapter + USB-C to MagSafe 3 Cable
- 96W USB-C Power Adapter + USB-C charge cable
- Pro Display XDR + Thunderbolt 3 cable
- External display with 94W power delivery + Thunderbolt 3 cable or USB-C cable
While for the new MacBook Pro 16-inch, you’re limited to using the 140W USB-C Power Adapter and USB-C to MagSafe 3 Cable in the box to take advantage of fast charging.
How to tell if your MacBook Pro 2021 is fully charged? Just take a look at your MacBook’s power adapter. It will glow amber while charging and turns green when fully charged. You can also log into your account and check the battery at the top-right corner of the macOS menu bar.
IFEART 96W USB-C Charger for MacBook Pro 2021
- Much faster than 67W: fast charge MacBook Pro 14 inch to 50% in only 30 mins, provide longer battery life in a less charging time than old version; fast charging support the high-speed processing capacity of M1, M1 Pro, M1 Max chip, USB C intelligently output support 96W, 90W, 87W, 67W, 65W, 61W, 45W, 30W, 29W, 25W, 20W according to your MacBook, Lenovo, HP, Dell laptop.
- 5A 6.6ft USB C to C Cable with Emark Chip: specialized 5A is built-in Emark Chip and made of thicker copper wire to support max 5A 100W power through and 480Mbps data syncing, USB-IF Certified cable can protect the charging port of your expensive device from damage; the charging block is perfect match USB C to mag safe 3 cable to charge 2021 MacBook Pro.
- Soft LED Indicator and Foldable Plug: cool-green LED emits a soft, gentle glow so you can see your device has power; with a foldable plug protect screen from scratches, make it more portable for travel.