Apple just released its new object tracker AirTag, which aims to be attached to your keys, bags, or any other things that you constantly lose track of. AirTag works with Apple devices, including iPhones, iPads, and iPods. Apple also annouced that the device must be iOS 14.5, which will be released later this month.
However, for many Android phone users, they may be wondering if AirTag works with Android. It is true in part. If you own an Android phone with NFC and come across an object attached with AirTag, you can just hold it close to your phone and then tap it. After that, your phone will receive a website link where you’ll know the information and the owner of the AirTag. If the stuff is tagged as Lost, you’ll even learn how to contact the owner.
Apart from that, Android phones don’t support AirTag, or we can say you can’t use AirTag to keep track of things via your Android phone. It is mainly because AirTag must be connected with Find My app, while for the time being, Apple probably won’t release one available for Android phones and tablets.
The good thing is, Android users have other options in hand. For Galaxy phones, Samsung also offer you the Galaxy SmartTag, while for others, Tile is a good option as well. Tile official website states clearly that it is compatible with both Apple and Android. More specifically is as below:
- iPhone 6s or newer
- iPad (Regular, Pro, and Mini)
- Google Pixel/ XL One or newer
- Samsung Galaxy S6 or newer
- Samsung Note 8 or newer
- OnePlus 3 or newer
- Nexus 5x or newer
Don’t worry if your smartphone is not listed here, as long as it’s running Android 8.0 or newer and has Bluetooth 4.0 tech, there’s no big problem in use.
- Tag it: Need to keep tabs on something? Attach a Galaxy SmartTag to those precious things in life*.
- Find it: If you lost your stuff, just launch the app, and see where it’s been last. Retracing your steps is easy*.
- Take it easy: There it is! Thanks to Galaxy SmartTags, finding lost items is smart and simple*.
- *Use with a Galaxy smartphone running Android 8.0 or higher & RAM 2.0GB above. SmartThings app required.
- FIND KEYS, BAGS & MORE — Tile Mate Bluetooth tracker is the all-purpose finder for a wide variety of items like keys and bags. The easy-to-use finder and free app work with iOS and Android.
- FIND NEARBY — Use the Tile app to ring your Tile Mate when it’s within 200 ft.
- FIND FAR AWAY — When outside of Bluetooth range, use the Tile app to view your Tile’s most recent location or enlist the safe and anonymous help of the Tile Network.
- FIND YOUR PHONE — Use your Tile to find your phone, even when it’s on silent.
- UPGRADE YOUR FINDING EXPERIENCE — Subscribe to Premium or Premium Protect for proactive finding features and enhanced services including Item Reimbursement, Smart Alerts, and Free Battery Replacement.