iPhone has an excellent operating system, but sometimes you may be disappointed to find there’s no micro SD card slot when you’ve run out of storage space and are no more able to enjoy the phone the way you want. Luckily, this can be avoided through our ultimate guide to free up space on your iPhone.
Check the breakdown of your current storage
You need first take a look at the breakdown of your current storage. Just go to Settings on your iPhone>>scroll down to General and >select iPhone Storage. Then you will clearly see how much storage you have used, and how much each type of data occupies. At the bottom is the apps on your iPhone, from largest to smallest.
Offload or delete unused apps
If you click the apps one by one, you’ll notice the button called Documents and Data, a term used to indicate the largest amount of data stored on your phone by the app. This section is usually the largest part of your phone storage, so the easiest way to free up space on your iPhone is to delete this data: just delete the app and reinstall it, the system will automatically remove all the data not necessary for the app to run. But be careful to do that because you may lose important data sometimes –for instance, if you download a lot of music in Spotify. The safer option is to Offload App, as it simply removes the app but leaves all the data behind. If you install it again, you can use it as usual.
Clear the Safari cache
The Safari cache is the potential culprit that is responsible for the largest amount of data on your iPhone. To clear the website data, go to Settings>Safari>Advanced>Website Data>Remove All Website Data. If you want to clear all history and data, go to Settings>Safari>Clear History and Website Data.
Manage the Photo Library
Your iPhone’s fantastic camera enables you to shoot better photos, but it also contributes to the ever-increasing photo library. If you find the photos take over a large amount of the storage, here are some methods you can try to free up space on your phone:
- Delete duplicate photos: Many of us don’t realize that we usually store multiple copies for the same photo, where we actually need only one. You can delete the similar photos one by one, or choose the time-saving way instead: use Remo Duplicate Photos Remover. It is a free app that can not only find and delete duplicates, but also allows you to delete similar photos.
- Optimize the photo resolution: If you have an iPhone 7 or later, you have the option to shoot photos in Apple’s new “High Efficiency” mode. Turn to the Settings app>tap Camera and then Formats>adjust the camera capture mode to “High Efficiency”. This way, your image quality won’t be affected, while each photo will take less space to store.
- Make use of iCloud or your computer: Of course, if you don’t need to turn to some of your photos regularly, you can store them on your computer or use iCould for free storage. For each iCloud account, you have the first 5GB of iCloud storage for free, and need to pay some pennies for more than that.
Recommendation for your iPhone:
- Integrated switch-tip cable: The integrated micro USB to Lightning switch-tip cable works with any device that has Lightning or micro USB input. When not in use, the switch-tip is stored in the cable recess.
- High Output Charging: The integrated micro USB to Lightning switch-tip cable delivers 10W of power at 2.1A speed.
- Charge Multiple Devices: Charge a second device with the high-output USB-A port which can deliver up to 10W of power to compatible USB devices and wearables.
- Priority+ Charging: Priority+ charging provides power to a charging device first before the powerstation plus battery starts to recharge.
- LED Power Indicator: The integrated four-light LED power indicator displays charging status and the current battery life.
- Premium Fabric Finish: The fabric finish on one side of the powerstation provides a comfortable, secure grip and prevents scruffs and scratches.
- Hours of Extra Battery: +20 hrs. smartphone, +8 hrs. small tablet, +5 hrs. large tablet
- Qi WIRELESS CHARGER & USB PORTABLE CHARGER IN ONE: Extend the battery life of your Qi enabled phone with 10W of fast charge wireless power and/or via Dual USB Ports to any USB compatible devices with 10000mAh/2.4A for up to 5x extra battery
- Qi CERTIFIED COMPATIBLE: Works with all Qi-enabled devices (iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPhone X, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, Samsung Galaxy S8, S8+, Note 8, S7, S7 Edge, S6, S6 Edge, Nokia 9, Nexus 4, 5, Lumia 920 and other Qi-enabled devices)
- NO CORDS NEEDED: Simply place your Qi-enabled smartphone directly on the wireless power bank to charge your phone wirelessly with ease at home or on the go – pass through charging allows power bank and phone to charge simultaneously
- THIN PROFILE, SOFT-TOUCH FINISH & DUAL USB PORTS: Features a thin profile as to easily fit inside a small bag or purse and a soft-touch finish with Dual USB ports to charge up to 3 devices at once via wireless charging and USB-A ports
- PRODUCT SPECS: Qi Wireless Output = 10W / Input = 2.4A / USB Ports Output = 2.4A Shared (Dual model can recharge wirelessly via another wireless charging pad – a recharge cable is also included)