Samsung just leased its new phone, the Galaxy Note 20 and 20 Ultra. Both of the phones are equipped with many excellent features people were expecting, but one of the most desired may be the waterproof IP rating. According to the official statistics, Galaxy Note 20 and Note Ultra both feature an IP68 rating. So, can you say that are they waterproof? Let’s have a check.
Many flagships may go through a waterproof and dustproof test and get an IP rating accordingly. The “I” stands for the protection against small particles, or dust. If a phone without dustproof protection drops in dust or is stabbed by wires, screws, and other small objects, the components inside the chassis are likely to be damaged and the phone may get slower gradually. Samsung Galaxy Note 20 and 20 Ultra score 6 in this aspect, the highest level of dust resistance, which means that the phone is actually dustproof.
The “P” represents protection against liquid. The water resistance rating is generally considered to have 8 levels in total, but there is a “9K” actually. That is the highest level, meaning that your phone can withstand close-range high pressure, high-temperature spray-downs. For the Galaxy Note 20/20 Ultra, the IP68 rating enables it to survive the ingress of dust and the continuous immersion in water beyond 1 meter (slightly different according to different manufacturers). So, you can take your new Galaxy Note phone in the water, but remember never to take it any deeper than 1.5 meters below water and any longer than 30 minutes.
Actually, it is not precise to ask if a phone waterproof or not. For now, we don’t have any smartphone that is completely waterproof, and manufacturers are only able to increase the level of water resistance and dust resistance as much as possible. However, the sure thing is that a water-resistant phone will bring us higher safety and more fun than those not.
Recommendation of accessories for Samsung Galaxy Note 20/20 Ultra:
- Convenient Charging: USB-C input/output port charges your USB-C devices or recharges the power bank at 5V 3A. Standard USB port charges your other devices at up to 5V 2.4A with AiPower Adaptive Charging Technology. Total power output of 15W
- 10000mAh of Power: Fully charge your 12.9-inch iPad Pro 0.7 times, iPhone XS 3 times, or Samsung Galaxy Note9 2 times
- Refined Design: Slimline form makes it comfortable to hold. Minimalist LED indicator shows remaining battery level at a glance
- Safety Features: Built-in safeguards protect your devices against excessive current, overheating, and overcharging
- POCKETABLE AND VERSATILE: The smallest and lightest 10000 mAh portable battery pack on the market – only 6.2 oz and 40% thinner than most 10000 mAh power banks. Perfect for your pocket or bag. Thoughtful anti-slip surface ensures a secure grip. Charges tablets, phones, connected watches, Bluetooth earphones and Fitbit via three modes: high-speed (Quick Charge 2.0), normal, and low-power. Dual input interface – fast rechargeable via Micro USB or USB-C port. USB-C port is for INPUT ONLY
- SUPERIOR ENERGY DENSITY AND EFFICIENCY: Uses premium battery cells with energy density as high as 664Wh/L, and delivers the same charging capacity while weighing 10% less than similar products on the market. Leverages Zimi’s proprietary power management IC technology custom designed to seamlessly integrate with the premium battery components onboard and maximize their energy conversion efficiency
- GUARANTEED SAFETY: Premium components and circuitry for the finest quality and safety. FCC, USTC, CEC, and RoHS certified.
- COMPATIBILITY: Works with iPhone X · XS/XS Max · XR · 8/8 Plus · 7/7 Plus · 6/6 Plus · 6S/6S Plus · 5, iPad 2 · 3 · 4 · Air · Air 2 · 2017 · Mini 2 · 3 · 4, Samsung Galaxy S10/S10e/S10 Plus · S9/S9+ · S8/S8+ · S7/S7 Edge · S6/S6 Edge · S5, Kindle Fire HD/HDX, LG, Fitbit, headphones. NOTE: iPhone/iPad and non-Quick Charge devices will charge at normal speed with fast charging LED OFF. USB PD not supported. Does not fast charge Pixel. Requires separate purchase of USB-C to USB cord for Pixel