OnePlus’ second mid-tier OnePlus Nord will soon be released on August 4 in select regions around the globe. Since OnePlus 8 finally had an official IP68 water and dust resistant rating, people may wonder if OnePlus will follow suit this time. However, OnePlus co-founder Carl Pei suggested in a conversational video with the tech YouTuber MKBHD that OnePlus Nord will not feature an IP rating.
It is not a big surprise, as the waterproof testing cost is too high, around $15 each device and huge machinery has to be built to test the phones individually. All these will add up to the smartphone expenditure, the one which OnePlus will pass on to its customers.
On the other hand, OnePlus has always been claiming their phones are water-resistant to some degree. This means that they can survive most of the accidents like get splashed on the beach or slipping into the pool. Actually, there are waterproof reviews each year trying to figure out how on earth waterproof are OnePlus phones, and one example comes from CNET. You can see that OnePlus 7 Pro can still survive 8 minutes in the pool, a time that is enough for the owner to save it from water.
OnePlus’ first mid-tier phone OnePlus X didn’t have an IP rating. So the higher possibility is that OnePlus Nord may have no certification either, after all, waterproof rating appears mostly on flagships but not mid-tiers. But we can still expect the new smartphone from OnePlus. It shares a lot of features with OnePlus 8 and further adds some new ones itself.
For instance, the display is near identical, their main rear camera is the same, and they both support 5G. On the basis of that, OnePlus features two front camera, the main is a 32MP Sony IMX616 sensor while the secondary is an 8MP ultrawide selfie camera. So just wait and see what OnePlus Nord will bring us till the launch date.
now $12.99 on Amazon
- The Anker Advantage: Join the 20 million+ powered by our leading technology.
- Fast Sync & charge: charges phones and tablets at high speed. Offers SuperSpeed transfer of 5 Gaps—transfer an HD movie in under 5 seconds. (Does not support full speed charge for Nexus 5X or 6P or Google Pixel XL. )
- Lasts 5X longer: double-braided nylon exterior, toughened aramid Fiber core and laser-welded connectors equip power line+ with superior toughness from end-to-end.
now $13.99 on Amazon
- This 2-meter charge cable with USB-C connectors on both ends
- Ideal for charging USB-C devices
- Also supports USB 2 for syncing and data transfer between USB-C devices
now $7.99 on Amazon
- 3A Fast Charging and Sync: 3A Fast Charge, delivering 5V/3A safe charging power, 25% faster compared with other cables that provide 5V/2.4A output.
- Certified Safety & High-Quality Assurance: With electronic safety certifications that comply with appropriate standards, you have no need to worry about this cable quality at all.
- Enhanced Durability: Strong fiber, the most flexible, powerful and durable material, makes tensile force increased by 200%.
- Compatibility List: Fast charge and sync well compatible with Samsung Galaxy S20/S20+ Ultra S10 S10E S9 S8 Note 10 9 8,Moto Z/Z2, LG G5/G6/V20/V30 and other USB-C devices.