Bigger than previous Note phone in every way, the Samsung Galaxy Note 9 has a larger screen, heftier battery and a massive 1TB of storage option. Although these features are attractive enough, some of you may still want to know its waterproof performance before you buy it.
What does IP mean? How to understand IP rating?
Before discussing the waterproof performance of Samsung Galaxy Note 9, let’s learn about what is IP rating firstly. IP, or Ingress Protection, is a universally accepted measurement of varying degrees for dust and liquid resistance. Assessing the waterproof performance of the waterproof connector mainly depends on the two digits of the IPXX. The first digit indicates the level of protection that the enclosure provides against access to hazardous parts and the ingress of solid foreign objects. The second digit indicates the level of protection that the enclosure provides against harmful ingress of water. And IP68 is the highest level of waterproof rating standards. Devices such as Samsung Galaxy S9 backed by IP68 are deemed fit enough to withstand dust, dirt, and sand, and are resistant to submersion up to a maximum depth of 1.5m underwater for up to thirty minutes.
Is Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Waterproof?
As the same as Galaxy S9, Samsung Note 9’s waterproof rating is IP68. It is water, dirt, dust and sand resistant, so you can use it worry-free. The waterproof lever may not be a crucial factor which makes you buy a phone, but a phone with a high water-resistance level will bring you more comfortable and worriless user experience.
What to Do When Samsung Note 9 Fall into Water?
The first thing to do, when the Galaxy Note 9 fall into the water, is to pick it from the water immediately. The longer the smartphone is soaked in water, the more damage caused to the mobile phone.
After it’s out of the water, use a tissue or dry towel to dry the surface of Note 9, but do not boot. Many people will first check the phone whether it is able to boot, which is extremely wrong. The power may cause the mainboard to burn.
Remove the battery, whether the Note 9 is turned on or off before entering the water. If you do not know how to dismiss a phone, skip this step to avoid secondary damage.
Use a hair dryer to blow the phone. Do not make it too hot.
Put the desiccant and your Note 9 in the same enclosure space.
More Waterproof Accessories
1. EasyAcc 24000mAh Waterproof Solar Power Bank with 6A Dual Input and QC Output
- Waterproof. Dustproof. Shockproof: With an IP66 rating and rugged design, the power bank effectively resists water, mud or bumps in outdoor activities (with waterproof lid closed).
- Multi-Functional Flashlight: Covering common, flash and SOS lighting modes, it leads you through darkness and emergencies as a lifesaver.
- Huge Capacity & Quick Charge: 24000mAh rechargeable lithium battery packs 7 charges of an iPhone X, or 6 charges of a Galaxy S8. With combined current of 6A, the power bank supports QC 3.0 quick charge. The 5A type c and QC dual input allow fastest full charge for the power bank itself in 6 hours.
- Rugged & Safe: Industrial-grade plastic and screws ensure build quality. CE, FCC, RoHS certified. Multiple circuit protection prevents short circuit, over-discharging and over-charging.
2. UE ROLL 2 Wireless Waterproof Portable Bluetooth Speaker
Current Price: $59.99
Thought of playing music while you are at the pool? UE Roll 2 waterproof Bluetooth speaker perfectly match your dream. Since it’s not a floating waterproof speaker, simply apply an accessory of life buoy to make it float on the water, then you are good to go. It’s also rated as IP67 waterproof, dustproof and shockproof.
What Can You Do with Samsung Galaxy Note 9’s Bluetooth-enabled Pen?
《Is Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Waterproof》有2个想法
WHAT?!? you don’t knowwhat you’re talking about!! Your protocol for what to do after water immersion of your Note 9 is asinine! Nothing is required, especially removal of the battery!! That is only done by taking the phone apart into pieces!! Only write about things that you understand….