You may use your mouse every day for the purpose of working or entertaining, but how much do you know about your mouse? Have you ever thought about adjusting its sensitivity so as to enhance or decrease the speed in which the cursor moves? In this article, I’ll introduce ways of adjusting mouse sensitivity in Windows and on the Mac. Please read on.
What Is Mouse Sensitivity?
Most people think of “mouse sensitivity” as how fast the cursor moves in response to mouse or trackpad movement (including me). However, that’s not a complete answer. Sensitivity is actually the precision defined by the dots-per-inch (DPI) settings—a higher DPI makes the cursor move quickly, while a lower DPI increases precision.
How to Adjust Mouse Sensitivity in Windows?
- Click on the Start menu and click on Control Panel.
- After the Control Panel menu opens, locate the Search Control Panel bar on the top of the menu, and type in “mouse”, and then locate the mouse menu.
- Locate the link suggesting Change Button Settings at the bottom of the mouse menu and click on it, then find out Pointer Options from all the mouse properties that appear on the screen.
- Click on the Pointer Options and then the link suggesting Motion. Now you’ll notice a slide adjustment bar which is labeled “Slow” on the left and “Fast” on the right.
- Move the slider of the bar to adjust mouse sensitivity according to your own needs. After you have finished, click on the Apply button and then OK
If you still don’t know how to operate, then click here to watch a video introducing how to adjust mouse sensitivity in Windows 10. Since the operating method is similar despite the system version of Windows, you can take this video for reference.
How to Adjust Mouse Sensitivity on Mac?
- Open the Apple menu and select System Preferences.
- Click on the Mouse bottom on the second row (If you are using a trackpad on a laptop, click on the Trackpad bottom instead).
- Navigate to the Point & Click tab and click on it. Now you see a Tracking Speed bar which is labeled “Slow” on the left and “Fast” on the right.
- Move the slider of the bar to adjust mouse sensitivity according to your own needs.
- Click on the red Exit button in the left top corner when you are finished.
Here is also a video showing how to change the mouse speed on your Mac, click here to watch the operating process of others.
Now we have come to the end of this article, and I’d like to share a video about how to find sensitivity and mouse settings with game lovers. No matter which kind of people you are—a gamer or not, learning the skill of changing mouse sensitivity is helpful more or less, so read this article again and have a try on your own computer!