iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 plus have been released for a while. Have you purchased yet? In order to take care of your smartphone, you should take care of its battery first. So learning more information about the iPhone 7 & iPhone 7 plus and the way to charge it becomingly is the basic step. Now, let’s first of all figure out how many mAh needed to charge iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 plus.
There are two versions of iPhone 7 with different screen size, 4.7 inches for iPhone 7 and 5.5 inches for iPhone 7 plus. Considering about that screen is one of the biggest guys who use lots of power, battery capacities for them are different. According to the data released by Apple, the iPhone 7 has a 1,960 mAh battery, which is slightly bigger than the 1,715 mAh battery in the iPhone 6s. The iPhone 7 plus has a 2,900 mAh battery, which is bigger than the iPhone 6s plus’s 2,750 mAh battery as well.
Both of them have the build-in battery, so you can’t just take it out and switch another to support. The only way is to charge it by either charger or power banks. Is the power bank with 1,960 mAh capacities able to fully charge iPhone 7 for once or power bank with 2,900 mAh for iPhone 7 plus? Negative. Most new released high-quality power banks are about 90% efficient, which means that in order to charge your iPhone 7 for once, you will need at least 2,178 mAh left in power bank and for iPhone 7 plus, the capacity should at least be 3,222 mAh.
Based on this, you can calculate how many times most power banks can charge your iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 plus in theory. For instance, an EasyAcc Compact 20,000 mAh Power Bank theoretically can charge your iPhone 7 or 7 plus 5 to 7 times. And you can easily hold it together with your phone while charging.
As consumers, learning about how many mAh to charge iPhone 7 & iPhone 7 plus is very important to take good care of your smart phone. But there are still some tips about safety charging you should keep in mind:
(1) There is no need to charge up to 12 hours for the first time. You just need to charge your iPhone 7 or 7 plus to full battery.
(2) It is okay to charge no matter how many mAh left in the battery.
(3) It is better to fully charge and discharge the battery for once a week at least.
(4) It is better to charge your phone as soon as possible when it shows low battery.
(5) Although there is overcharge protection feature, it is still suggested to unplug when iPhone 7 or 7 plus is fully charged.