Many people are now worried about hearing loss caused by wearing headphones for a long time. In fact, one of the direct culprits that cause our hearing damage is not these headphones, but the higher and higher volume behind them. A “loudness war” that started in the 1980s is enough to illustrate the problem.
Dangers of too much volume
When whales hear loud volumes, they reduce their hearing sensitivity to protect their hearing. But humans are just the opposite. Subconsciously, we are all more attracted to loud volume and loudness. Just like the reason why many people think Chinese suona is the king of musical instruments, it is precisely because its loudness will strongly attract people’s attention. Sound, not just a physical phenomenon, is also a sense and perception when it encounters humans. When people realized this and applied it to music, the “Loudness Wars” began.
In the 1980s, records and radio stations pushed music as loud as possible to attract audiences. In other words, they tried to turn all the instruments in the music into suonas. While ears become more and more tired, listeners continue to move away from low volume, because turning it down makes us feel lost. But when you turn up the sound louder and louder, the hearing hair cells are like the hair on your head that you can’t keep, and they are retreating in defense battles. The hearing damage caused by this, whether it is traditional Audio, headphones, or bone conduction headphones are unavoidable. Even if the whales cover their ears, they still can’t escape the loud volume released by us humans. Moaning, getting lost, and running aground are frequently staged all over the world.
Tips for Protecting Your Hearing
If you want to protect your hearing, no matter what headphones you use, first resist the temptation of loud volume like a whale. Keep the music in your headphones at about 60% of the maximum volume, or below 80 decibels. At the same time, we take off the earphones every 30 minutes of use and let our ears rest for 5 minutes.
Advice on choosing headphones
If you were to ask me, which one would I choose between bone conduction headphones and other headphones? I think that the stability and openness of bone conduction earphones may be the best choice for people who love sports or patients with ear canal inflammation, but they may also leak sound. In an environment with excessive noise, noise-canceling headphones in traditional headphones can not only guarantee sound quality to a certain extent, but also have the advantage of protecting hearing based on the principle of active noise reduction. So the final choice still depends on your own needs.
Wireless Earbuds with Earhooks Mini Bone Conduction Headphones Waterproof Bluetooth Open Ear Earbuds Cycling Earpiece Noise Canceling Headset Sports Bluetooth 5.0 Earphones Headset for Cycling Driving
- 【Mini design, comfortable to wear】Very mini design style, fits both ears, very light, and securely fits the earhooks, suitable for long-term wearing without discomfort to the ears
- 【Bluetooth 5.0, widely compatible】 8D surround sound, 5.0 binaural chip, large capacity, true wireless bluetooth headset, using bluetooth 5.0 technology, you can easily pair and connect with smart phones, free of cable constraints, Bluetooth connection is stable, no Delay, free your hands
- 【Binaural separation design】Two earphones can be connected to a mobile phone at the same time, or you can use two earphones for each earphone separately. You can switch freely between the left and right earbuds without any additional pairing steps or interruptions. Lost or delayed music signal
- 【Ergonomic design & comfortable】Bone conduction Bluetooth headset, lightweight design brings you an excellent exercise experience, whether in the gym or outdoors, suitable for running, cycling and other sports use
- 【Keep in touch with the outside world】Listening to music without blocking your ears allows you to understand the surrounding situation while listening to music. You can hear incoming cars or ringtones when you are running, cycling or driving, effectively avoiding some dangerous situations
Bone Conduction Headphones, Open-Ear Bluetooth Sport Headphones, Built-in Mic Wireless Earphone
- 【Bone Conduction】Unlike traditional wireless earbuds, iKanzi Bone Conduction Headphones conducted advanced bone conduction technology, which delivers audio through the cheekbone. Help the ears to get rid of the burden of swelling, and feel comfortable and the surrounding environment when listening.
- 【Open-ear Design】You don’t need to put the earphones in the ear canal. Therefore, even if you listen to music all day, your ears will not feel sore. Prevent damage to the ear canal by wearing headphones for a long time. It is the best choice for music lovers.
- 【Bluetooth 5.3】It adopts the latest Bluetooth 5.3 technology and is suitable for most Bluetooth devices. The connection speed is faster, State is more stable, no cable restriction. Maximum connection distance can reach 10m（390 inches）, Convenient for daily use.
- 【IP68 Waterproof Rating】Completely sweat and waterproof earphones for running, fitness, and workouts.
- 【About iKanzi headphones】Before launching this product, we tested 10 different bone conduction headphones. They all have problems with poor sound quality or serious sound leakage, but our headphones improve those problems. We use the best chips and let engineers enhance and optimize the bass to make the headphones more perfect.