iPhone 14 Pro Max is the best iPhone you can buy till now, thanks to its powerful A16 Bionic chip, superb 48MP camera, very smart Dynamic Island, fantastic cameras and much more. However, if you are a heavy mobile user or always on the go, your iPhone 14 Pro Max’s 4,323mAh battery probably won’t suffice. This is where portable power bank comes in. With different sizes, capacity, and a bunch of features like fast charging, wireless charging, built-in cables, AC adapters, LED flashlights etc., choosing one that best suits your need can be a hassle. No worry, in this essay we’ll walk you through all these.
Capacity and size
Generally speaking, the bigger the battery, the higher capacity you will get. A 3000mAh power bank is likely to well suit your pocket, but it can only charge a phone for once or even no more than once on the iPhone 14 Pro Max. Medium power banks ranging like 9000mAh can offer you around 2 times charge. Big power banks over 15000mAh can charge your device many times, despite its bulky size and weight. However, actual power transfer rate should be lower, and in most power banks, you’ll lose 30% of the total capacity just pushing the charge from one side to the other (higher quality power banks will lose less).
Input and output ports
Most power banks have a standard USB-A port for both charging the battery (power input) and sending juice to your device (power output). But with the popularity of USB-C, you’ll often find a USB-C port as well. Their USB-C port generally supports both input and output, while some less expensive power banks may only support USB-C for power input.
Because iPhone 14 Pro Max has a USB-C to Lightning cable in the box, power bank with USB-C is enough for you, but if you’d like to charge other Apple devices, you can also consider ones with Lightning port.
Nowadays there are all kinds of fast-charging standards, which belong to different brands, so in order to charge your iPhone 14 Pro Max at the fastest charging speed, you need to make sure that your phone’s fast charging standards are in accordance with the power bank and the cable. Take iPhone 14 Pro Max for example, you’ll need a USB-C PD charger that is 20W or higher to charge the phone.
A small number of power banks support Qi wireless charging, too. You just need to place your phone on the power bank to enable it. Apple also has its own similar technology: MagSafe charging, with all the iPhone 12/13/14 models and Apple MagSafe accessories.
Anker PowerCore 5000 Portable Charger
- The Anker Advantage: Join the 50 million+ powered by America’s leading USB charging brand.
- High Cell Capacity: Contains 5,000 mAh of power. Enough to provide over an entire replacement charge for iPhone X and Samsung Galaxy S9, or almost 2 charges for iPhone 8.
- Ultra-Compact: The portable charger’s remarkably small, tubular design slides easily next to your phone in any pocket or bag. Just 10cm tall and 3cm wide.
mophie Powerstation with PD Power Bank
- COMPACT MULTI-DEVICE CHARGING SOLUTION – Featuring a 10,000 mAh high-capacity internal battery, the mophie Powerstation with PD power bank allows superfast charging that can fully charge your phone up to 2.1 times. Charge 2 devices at the same time
- CHARGE YOUR DEVICE IN A FLASH – With an 18W USB-C Power Delivery Output, charge your phone at the fastest speed possible and get up to 50 percent battery in just 30 minutes. The USB-C port can be used to recharge the power station itself, in record time
- COMPATIBLE WITH A WIDE RANGE OF GADGETS – Along with the USB-C PD port, the portable power bank also features (1) USB-A port for charging another smartphone, tablet, and any other USB-enabled device. The pack includes one charging cable (USB-A to USB-C)