The Galaxy Z Fold 4 is Samsung’s flagship foldable phone this year, complete with better performance, battery life, and cameras than the previous generation. If you are wondering if it keeps the same features as the Z Fold 3, such as S Pen support, the answer is definitely yes.
The Galaxy Z Fold 4 fully supports S Pen, meaning that you can doodle, sketch or take notes with the S Pen directly on the foldable phones’ inner display. However, there’s still no slot for the S Pen, and you need to buy a case to store both the pen and phone when not in use. Actually, the reason why Samsung doesn’t add a stylus slot may be that it can take up precious space that could have been used for a bigger battery or other components.
Can you use old S Pen on Galaxy Z Fold 4
Though the Galaxy Z Fold has support for S Pen, it doesn’t mean that you can use your old S Pen on this foldable. Like the Fold 3, you are still limited to two S Pen: the S Pen Fold Edition and the S Pen Pro. The former is relatively slim and short but comes without Bluetooth connectivity and gesture controls. While the latter is thick and taller, as well as gesture commands and other remote functionalities.
Theoretically you may be able to use your old S Pen on Z Fold 4, but you’re risking damaging the fragile inner display if you do that. Both S Pen Fold Edition and S Pen Pro are tailored to support up to 4,096 pressure levels and have rounded and retractable tips to reduce the risk of scratching the PET film covering the Fold 4’s display. On the contrary, other S Pens are designed for typical glass-covered screens, allowing plenty of natural force without damage.
- Super Fast Wireless Charger [15W Max].
- Box Content: Super Fast Wireless Charger, Quick Start Guide
- No cable nor Power adapter included.
- 10Gbps Data Transfer: Supports SuperSpeed data transmission (send or receive an HD movie in as little as 2.5 seconds), as well as audio and 4K video signal.
- USB Power Delivery: Charges any current or future USB-C device at max speed. Utilizes E-marker chip to safely deliver up to 100W (5A) of power.
- USB-IF Certified: Meets safety standards of the USB International Federation for worry-free charging and transferring.
- A Cable for Life: We’re so confident about PowerLine II’s performance that we gave a hassle-free, lifetime warranty.