Finally, Google has historically taken an approach to personal audio: not only did they solve the performance issue and slow response, but they caught onto trends like true wireless connectivity, active noise cancelling, and Bluetooth multipoint only with a price of $200. However, since there’s no fin for grip, and the earbuds themselves are just larger than the predecessor, you may worry that the Pixel Buds Pro may stick out farther and fall out easily.
The good thing is, you don’t need to worry about it. The Pixel Buds Pro don’t fall out of your ears, and they achieve a great balance between fit and comfort. The earbuds rest on the upper shelf of your earlobe with a grip better than the original Pixel Buds and A-Series. The defaulted medium-sized eartips fit most people, but Google also has a few other tips in box to meet different needs. When you use the Buds Pro for the first time, go to settings app and have a “seal” test to see which tips fit you best.
Despite the lack of “spatial vent” that are used to let in some ambient noise and avoid plugged-ear sensation closed earbuds can cause, Pixel Buds Pro “actively measure the pressure in your ear canal so the earbuds can relieve it and stay comfortable.” Meanwhile, because the body of the earbuds are made of silicone, they just naturally adhere to your skin without any suction sensation. The soft silicone can reduces soreness if you wear your earbuds over longer listening sessions. When sweating, the silicone does not become slippery and stays securely in place.
The Pixel Buds Pro are available to purchase now on Amazon, with an estimated delivery date as early as August 5. If you’re dissatisfied with your slippery earbuds or simply considering an alternate pair of wireless earbuds, the Pixel Buds Pro would be a worthy investment.
- Pixel Buds Pro use Active Noise Cancellation with Silent Seal to adapt to your ear and help block outside sounds, creating a quiet foundation so your music can shine
- With custom 11 mm speaker drivers and Volume EQ, the earbuds sound amazing at any volume
- The battery keeps up with your life, with up to 11 hours of listening time, or up to 31 hours with the charging case; you can charge them wirelessly with Pixel Stand or other Qi-certified chargers
- Transparency mode helps you hear outside sounds in real time so you can be more aware of your surroundings, like when crossing the street
- Make crystal clear calls even in loud places thanks to beamforming mics, a voice accelerometer, and wind-blocking mesh covers
- Easily switch between compatible devices, so you can go from listening to music on your phone to taking a call on your laptop
- Pure Sound via Targeted Active Noise Cancelling: Choose your scenario via the Soundcore app and listen as ambient sounds disappear to leave you with nothing but pure sound.
- PureNote Driver Technology: Get a 45% boost to your bass, and a 30% wider frequency bandwidth than ordinary drivers. Drivers coated with 10 hardened nano-layers offer incredible stiffness to generate stunning accuracy and clarity.
- LDAC Technology: Compared with standard Bluetooth codecs, LDAC is capable of transmitting 3 times more data—ensuring no detail is lost before reaching your ears.
- HearID Personalized EQ: To ensure a perfect listening experience, HearID intelligently analyses your unique hearing profile and creates a tailor-made sound setup just for your ears. Or take complete control of the sound with the adjustable EQ or 22 preset sound profiles.
- Up to 26 Hours of Playtime: Get 7 hours of playback from a single charge on the earbuds with up to 3 recharges from the charging case.