Along with the new MacBook Pro and MacBook Air, Apple also unveiled a brand-new dual USB-C power adapter, meaning that you can charge not only the MacBook, but anything else that relies on USB-C charging.
There’re global version and compact version for different purposes. The former looks like Apple’s standard charger and allows you to swap for international plug heads or extension cables. While the compact one has a more flat design. Because it supports a common USB-A plug that’s interchangeable, only consumers in the United States, Canada, Mexico, China, Japan, and select other countries are able to purchase the charger.
35W power in total
The charger supports 35W charging, no matter which version you choose. If you plug in a single device, it will charge at 35W, as long as it’s able to accept it. If you charge two devices simultaneously, however, the thing is a little different.
- If it is connected MacBook and an iPad or iPhone, each device receives up to 17.5W.
- If you connect an iPhone and an iPad, each device receives up to 17.5W.
- If you connect a Mac notebook or iPhone and an Apple Watch or AirPods, the Mac notebook or iPhone receives up to 27.5W and the Apple Watch or AirPods receive up to 7.5W
Unplug the other device or any charging cable that’s not in use, if you want to reach a faster charging speed. For your new M2 MacBook Air 2022, you may be tempted to buy the 67W fast charger (need to buy it separately), but considering its 15 hours of battery life, a 35W power adapter would suffice.
Each of the chargers comes in bundled with the MacBook Air 2022, but you can also place an order separately with a price of $59, according to the Apple store. Anyway, it’s not a bad idea to keep your MacBook from draining while topping up your other devices. But in the same price range, there are also great third-party options.
- The Only Charger You Need: Say goodbye to your old chargers. Anker 735 Charger (Nano II 65W) has the power you need to fast charge your phone, tablet, and USB-C notebook from a single charger.
- High-Speed Charging: Connect a single device to get a 65W max charge—that’s enough to power up a 2020 MacBook Pro 13″ at full speed. And when you connect three devices, power will be distributed efficiently between ports to ensure you get the best charge.
- Compact Design: Power up to 3 devices with a charger that’s roughly the size of an AirPods Pro case.
- Powered by GaN II Technology: With a 100% increase in operating frequency, an innovative stacked design, and an upgraded circuit board structure, GaN II technology makes our latest charger smaller without sacrificing a drop of power.
- next gen gallium nitride (gan) technology provides high performance charging in a lightweight, compact design
- charge macbook pro 15-inch up to 50% in 60 minutes
- fast charge iphone 8 or later up to 50% in 30 minutes , usb-c smartphones like google pixel up to 50% in 37 minutes, and ipad pro up to 50% in 60 minutes
- intelligent power sharing technology senses and safely delivers the most efficient charge to each device
- usb-c pd fast charge compatible devices include iphone se, 11, 11 pro, 11 pro max, xs, xs max, xr, x, 8, 8 plus, ipad pro, s20, s20+, s20 ultra, s10, s10+, s10e, note10, note10+, note9, pixel 4, 4xl, 3, 3xl, and more.Compatible phone models: Honor Note 10