After months of rumors, Apple finally relased its brand-new MagSafe product: MagSafe Battery Pack. Different from other battery packs, it can be magnetically attached to the back of your iPhone 12, iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12 Pro, and iPhone 12 Pro Max. It will help you get longer battery life on your iPhone on-the-go.
Can you use MagSafe Battery Pack to charge your iPhone 11 and AirPods?
As Apple has long been complained about its low battery capacity, you may wonder if this MagSafe Battery Pack is compatible with other devices like iPhone 11 and AirPods. With Qi-based wireless charging technology, it can also support AirPods and other devices with Qi wireless charging, though the magnets function only apply to iPhone 12 series.
Does MagSafe Battery Pack support fast charging?
Apple official said that the battery pack offers 5W charging for your iPhone due to heat control. When you use it to charge your phone, you’ll get notified that it’ll only charge up to 90%. For 100% charging, go to Control Center>>Low Power Mode>>Continue. The battery pack comes with 1460mAh, 11.13Wh, as seen on the back of one of the product photos. That is to say, you’ll be able to fully charge your iPhone 12 mini and almost fully charge your iPhone 12.
MagSafe Battery Pack also supports reverse wireless charging
There are lots of portable battery from other manufacturers for iPhone 12 as well, but MagSafe Battery Pack would be the best choice not only for its close combination with iOS, but for its reverse wireless charging. If you charge your iPhone, the MagSafe Battery Pack will receive power at the same time, as long as it is attached to your iPhone. Note that it is recommended to use at least 20W power adapter, to make sure both your phone and your battery pack get charged at 15W.
The MagSafe Battery Pack is available on Apple website for $99, and the first delivery will begin on July 19th. You may also want to check our other recommendations below:
Anker 20W Nano Wall Charger for iPhone 12 series and more
- Designed for iPhone: Anker Nano is designed to provide the maximum charge to iPhone 12.
- Unrivaled Speed: Charge iPhone 12 and previous iPhone models up to 3× faster than with an original 5W Charger.
- Space-Saving Design: At 50% smaller than a standard iPhone 12 USB-C charger, Anker Nano provides plenty of power while saving space in your bag or while plugged into a wall outlet.
- Works with Most Handheld Devices: Provide high-speed charging to most flagship phones including iPhone and Samsung Galaxy S20 as well as smartwatches and earbuds.
- What You Get: PowerPort III Nano, welcome guide, our worry-free 18-month warranty, and friendly customer service (cable not included).https://amzn.to/2TafKGp
Anker Magnetic Wireless Charger
- Snap and Go: Attach PowerWave magnetically to the back of your iPhone 12, and let the power flow.
- Charge and Use: Enjoy all the features of your phone unobstructed by twisted, tangled charging cables.
- Superior Safety: Anker’s comprehensive MultiProtect safety system includes foreign object detection, short circuit protection, temperature control, and more.
- Longer Cable, More Freedom: Charge comfortably just about anywhere with the extra-long 5 ft power cable.https://amzn.to/3z0yS99