Designed for iPhone, iPad, and other Apple devices, can you take advantage of AirPods Max even if you are an Android user or have both Apple and Android devices? The answer is yes, though not in the way you’d want expensive headphones to work.
What work and won’t work with Android?
Some things will work, regardless of compatibility. When removing the headphones, your AirPods Max will automatically pause audio, and play again when putting them back on. This feature stays the same no matter what you pair the headphones with. ANC and Transparency modes should also work with Android devices, given they aren’t really software-specific.
On the other hand, Apple’s spatial audio, 360-degree virtual surround technology are only meant for Apple’s devices because they are software-based. In addition, the seamless sharing and switching features are unlikely to work as well. These two options mean the headphones can automatically switch from a Mac to an iPhone, for instance, or share audio with another pair of AirPods.
Also, you don’t benefit from quick pairing through the H1 chip, and there is no “hey, Siri” support if you connect to a non-Apple device.
How to connect AirPods Max to Android?
- Enable Bluetooth on your Android smartphone, which is usually available by Settings>>Connections>>Bluetooth.
- Press and hold the Noise Control button on your AirPods Max until the status lights flashes white.
- Select your AirPods Max on the list of available Bluetooth devices.
Should you buy AirPods Max?
AirPods Max are not designed for Android users, so you miss some cool stuff. If you are an Android user, we don’t recommend you to buy the AirPods Max unless you at least have access to one iPhone so that it is easy to update your firmware and adjust your settings. Plus, you’d better find a third party app that helps reclaim otherwise lost features.
With superb sound quality and plenty of useful features, AirPods Max is probably one of the best headphones for Apple users. While for non-Apple folks, it’s definitely worth shopping around for different headphones like the Sony WH-1000XM4 or Sennheiser HD 450BT, both of which are of high values as well.
- The Anker Advantage: Enjoyed by over 50 million users worldwide, our leading technology will change the way you charge.
- Complete Charging Convenience: Instantly charge your phone or earbuds simply by placing them in the center of PowerWave Pad. Never fuss around with plugging and unplugging cables again, just set down and power up.
- Universal Compatibility: PowerWave Pad provides 10W output for Samsung Galaxy, 7.5W for iPhone, and 5W for other phones or wireless earbuds (including AirPods).
- Through-Case Charging: Don’t fumble with your phone case. PowerWave charges directly through protective cases up to 5 mm thick (not including cases with magnetic or metal attachments).
- The Anker Advantage: Join the 50 million+ powered by our leading technology.
- Less Time Charging: Patented PowerIQ and VoltageBoost technologies charge any device at its fastest possible speed, up to 2.4A. (Does not support Qualcomm Quick Charge.)
- Durable Design: Robust textured casing and premium internal components ensure perfect performance regardless of scrapes, bumps, or drops.
- Travel Ready: Compact design, foldable plug, and 100-240 volt input are ideal for worldwide travel.