It’s easy to connect the AirPods to your iPhone or iPad, but how about two pairs? With Apple’s Audio Sharing feature, you are able to share the audio playing within minutes, without having to sacrifice one of your earbuds or stretch out your overear AirPods Max.
Compatible iPhones, iPads, and iPod Touches
The list of supported models is extensive, but there are limits. It includes: iPhone 8 or later, iPad Pro 12.9-inch (2nd generation) or later, iPad Pro 11-inch, iPad Pro (10.5-inch), iPad Air (3rd generation), iPad mini (5th generation), iPad (5th generation) or later, iPod touch (7th generation).
Compatible headphone models
Apple may refer to the feature as “Audio sharing with AirPods”, but don’t think that limits to just AirPods. The fact is, it is compatible with any pair of headphones powered by H1 or W1 processor. Here’s the full list: AirPods Max, AirPods Pro, AirPods (1st generation) or later, Powerbeats, Solo Pro, Powerbeats Pro, Powerbeats3 Wireless, Beats Solo3 Wireless, Beats Studio3 Wireless, BeatsX and Beats Flex.
How to start sharing
To connect two pairs of headphones to your iPhone or iPad, you need to connect the first pair of AirPods to your device as usual. Then tap on the AirPlay icon, which can be found in the app you’re using to stream, on the lock screen or in Control Center. Tap “Share Audio”.
If the headphones you’re going to share with are AirPods or AirPods Pro, you’ll need to place them in the charging case and bring them close to your device with the lid open.
If they are AirPods Max, hold them close to your device.
As for Beats headphones, you’ll need to put the Beats in pairing mode and then hold them close to your device.
Then you’ll be asked if you want to share audio with your device. Accept it and the audio will begin to stream to both of the two headphones.
How to control volumn on sharing audio
The one sharing audio will have control over either of the headphones. Adjust the volume either by using the volume keys on the side of the phone, or by opening Control Center and long-pressing on the volume slider. Or, you can also adjust the volumn in the AirPlay menu, though the sliders are smaller and more finicky.
How to stop sharing
To stop sharing audio, tap the AirPlay icon in Control Center on your iPhone or iPad, on the Lock Screen or in the app you are listening to. Untick the headphones you want to stop sharing to.
- Wireless Charger for Airpods /Airpods Pro: Wireless charging station can quickly charge for Airpods/Airpods Pro bluetooth earphone.
- Save Your Space and Easy to Carry: The wireless charging for Airpods/Airpods Pro charging is small, lightweight and protable.
- Intelligent Protection Technology: The inner high-quality induction coil makes it possible to charge Airpods & Airpods Pro through any defensive case.
- Safe & Reliable: Certified safe wireless charging pad built-in over-voltage, under-voltage, temperature control, surge protection and short-circuit protection system.
- The Anker Advantage: Join the 55 million+ powered by our leading technology.
- Enhanced Durability: Improved construction techniques and materials make a cable that lasts 5X longer than the norm.
- MFi Certified: Each cable contains a unique, verified serial number and an authorization chip issued by Apple to ensure 100% compatibility with any Lightning device.
- Superior Performance: Each premium nylon-braided cable is optimized for use with Apple devices, providing the same charging speeds as stock Apple charging cables.