OnePlus Nord is the new smartphone that is claimed to be “more affordable” yet still “premium”. It adds some luxurious touches, including a 90Hz refresh rate display, an attractive glass back design and a whopping six cameras across the front and back. And the overall performance is still good enough with the Snapdragon 765G chip inside. However, some people are interested in other old school features, such as IR blaster and NFC.
Does OnePlus Nord have an IR blaster?
Unfortunately, like all previous OnePlus phones, OnePlus Nord still lacks an IR blaster. This means that you can’t use the phone to control smart devices like TV, music player, and any other device which supports IR blaster. As a niche feature, IR blaster is not as common as it used to be. Today, no one flagship phones sold in North America features an IR blaster. Samsung and LG removed it long ago, and Apple has never applied it. Very few manufacturers still keep this function, for instance, TCL, Huawei, and Xiaomi.
“IR” means “infrared”, and an IR blaster simply means that you can use it to send commands via infrared to another device that is compatible with IR remotes. The main advantage of IR blaster is it enables you to connect with older devices that don’t offer Bluetooth or wireless connections.
The IR blaster is usually located at the top of your phone edges. It looks like some black plastic circle or rectangle indent. If you want to check if your phone features an IR blaster for sure, you can also download some remote control app, which will tell you exactly the information about your phone.
Does OnePlus Nord have NFC?
Yes, OnePlus Nord features NFC. Contrary to IR blaster, this is a feature that most smartphones nowadays are equipped with. NFC stands for near-field communication and it allows phones, tablets, laptops, and other devices to easily share data with other NFC-equipped devices. The communication distance is within 4 inches, so you need to hold your phone so close to the contactless reader. NFC automatically starts as soon as two NFC devices are put in the 4-inch range. So it is safer than credit card dealing and it is widely for making payments or tapping into public transport systems.
- 20000mAh Capacity and Compact Size Backup Battery: Our cell phone battery charger is smaller than iPhone 6 Plus and powerful enough to charge iPhone 6 almost 8 times, iPad Air almost 1.7 times, Galaxy S6 almost 5.7 times and Macbook 2016 almost 1.2 times. For Nintendo Switch, please use USB-C 3.0 Cable to connect.
- Digi-Power Display Technology: Shows remaining power in digital format. You always know when the usb battery charger is fully charged and how much power it’s available. Our battery bank fits for almost all USB-powered devices with built-in LED flashlight for dark or low-light.
- iM-Power Technology: The mobile charger packs come with two usb ports, both USB ports (5V/2.4A) detect your devices intelligently and deliver the faster charge to two devices at the same time.
- Multiple Smart Protection System: We use high quality A-Class batteries together with multiple smart protection technology which could keep your devices safe from over-charging, over-voltage, over-current and short circuit.
- The Anker Advantage: Join the 50 million+ powered by our leading technology.
- Remarkably Compact: One of the smallest and lightest 10,000mAh portable chargers. Provides almost three-and-a-half iPhone 8 charges or two-and-a-half Galaxy S8 charges.
- High-Speed Charging: Anker’s exclusive PowerIQ and VoltageBoost combine to deliver the fastest possible charge for any device. Qualcomm Quick Charge not supported.
- Certified Safe: Anker’s MultiProtect safety system ensures complete protection for you and your devices.