Recently Apple has quietly released official battery cases for its latest iPhone models debuted in September and October to extend the battery life when you’re on the go and you can’t charge your phone for a few days.
Dubbed Smart Battery Case, the new battery cases are available for the iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, and iPhone XR models in black and white variants. They promise to increase the talk time up to 33 hours on the iPhone XS, up to 37 hours on the iPhone XS Max, and up to 39 hours on the iPhone XR, which has the most powerful battery in an iPhone ever.
Apple’s Smart Battery Case is compatible with Qi-certified wireless chargers.Apple’s Smart Battery Case is compatible with Qi-certified wireless chargers so you won’t lose the wireless charging abilities of your iPhone XS, XS Max, and XR devices, and allows customers to charge their iPhones and the Smart Battery Case simultaneously. The case can be recharged on its own, in case you’re using the iPhone separately. A little LED light inside the case glows orange and then green when fully charged. The case also supports Lightning accessories like the EarPods with Lightning connector and the Lightning Digital AV Adapter.
Also worth mentioning is the fact that Apple’s Smart Battery Cases feature fast charging capability if you charge them with USB-PD compatible chargers. You can purchase the official Smart Battery Cases for iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, and iPhone XR at the price of $129 USD right now from Apple’s online store. Apple also sells older Smart Battery Cases for iPhone 7, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6s devices for $99 USD.
The possible reasons for wireless charging failure
1.Check the USB connectivity. If you find your Smart Battery Case won’t charge wirelessly, please check your USB connectivity right away. If your Smart Battery Case is connected to your computer with USB, or if it’s connected to a USB power adapter, your Smart Battery Case will charge using the USB connection instead of the wireless charging.
2.Check if there’s anything blocking between case and charging mat.
3.Check if you place the battery case right in the middle of charging mat. To do that you could just center the Apple logo—on the back of the Smart Battery Case—on the charging mat.
Other heads-up on charging failure
If your Smart Battery Case won’t charge or charges slowly, you’d better follow these steps, and try to charge again step by step:
1.Unplug your Lightning to USB cable from power, and then plug it back in.
2.If your iPhone is attached to the case, remove the case. Then try to charge your iPhone and your case separately.
3.If you have a film, sticker, or label on the back of your iPhone, remove it. Then reattach your case.
Recommendation of wireless charging accessories:
Standard Charging Pad
Current Price: $13.99
- The Need for Speed: A high-efficiency chipset provides 10W high-speed charging for Samsung Galaxy, while iPhones get a boosted 5W charge that’s 10% faster than other wireless chargers.
- Non-Slip, Yes Slim: A slimline profile provides an aesthetically pleasing complement to your desk, while the TPU surface prevents slipping and sliding.
- Case Friendly: Don’t fumble with your phone case. PowerWave transmits charging power directly through protective cases. Metal attachments or cards may interfere with charging.
User-friendly Charging Stand
Current Price: $19.99
- The Anker Advantage: Join the 30+ million powered by our leading technology.
- A Galaxy of Speed: A high-efficiency chipset provides 10W high-speed charging for Samsung Galaxy. iPhones get a boosted 5W charge at 10% faster than other wireless chargers.
- Flip It: Charge in landscape orientation while watching videos, or portrait mode for messaging and facial recognition.
- Case Friendly: Don’t fumble with your phone case. PowerWave transmits charging power directly through protective cases.
On-the-Go Car Charger
Current Price: $21.99
- Quick Charge Supported – ensures continuous wireless high input even when GPS is on, no worries power goes down on the road. (QC 3.0 car charger required, not included).
- One Hand Operation – slide your phone in and secure in place with two simple motions. All can be done with just one hand hence no interruption on driving.
- No Drop – phone and the car mount won’t fall off even driving on tough road due to soft rubber made air vent clip, fixed nut and phone holder keep phone+car mount tight, thus your phone and air vents are well-protected.
- 360° Rotating Phone Holder – Able to set up horizontal and vertical stand angles, more convenient to adjust GPS or to answer calls.