Alongside the latest 11 and 12.9-inch iPad Pro, Apple introduced its 2nd generation Apple Pencil, which is sleeker and smaller than the original Apple Pencil. This change needs to thanks the elimination of the Lightning connector at the top of the device. Apple Pencil 2 is able to charge via a magnetic connection to the new iPad Pro models. It is super convenient to pairing, charging, and storage when it’s not in use.
At the same time, it means you need to pay $30 more for it than the original which was priced at $100. It’s wise to buy a protective case for your Appel Pencil 2. And don’t forget that it can’t interrupt wireless charging in case you have to remove it when charging. We select several Apple Pencil 2 cases as recommendations. There must be one you need.
Best Apple Pencil 2 Cases
- Compatible with Apple Pencil 2nd Generation. Soft silicone material, closely fitting to protect your Apple Pencil from scratches, shocks, water, dirt and other damages.
- The tip protectors prevent your pencil nib, avoid scuffing or scratching the surface or any damage.
- Lightweight design and reserved port for direct charging, pairing and switching mode, don’t need to take off the pencil case.
- Pencil screw thread grip design, better anti-slip effect, allows you to use Apple Pencil smoothly which is ideal for painting, sketching, and drafting.
- Perfectly designed for your precious Apple iPad Pro Pencil.
- Protect your Apple Pencil from shocking and scratching, provides excellent protection from scratches, dirt, shocks and other daily damages.
- Premium PU leather with soft non-scratch microfiber interior.
- Built-in leather pocket and elastic strap allows you to keep pens securely in place and store small accessories such as charging cable.
- Durable water resistant PU leather and sealing zipper design make it more convenient to use.
ED HARDY wrote an article titled Apple Pencil 2 requires a $1000 charger on Cult of Mac. It satirized that Apple Pencil 2 can only be wirelessly powered from an iPad Pro 2018. Insomuch, besides a case for the pencil, you may need a case for the newest iPad Pro. Best iPad Pro 2018 Cases Supporting Wireless Charging New Apple Pencil