Connect your Xbox one to your pc and invite some of your best friends to play games from whatever pc or Xbox might be a very enjoyable thing. The traditional way you connect your Xbox one controller to your computer may be by USB cable. But when wireless has been so convenient in our life, you may ask if you can use your controller with pc wirelessly.
Thanks to the Microsoft’s contribution to the Xbox one wireless adapter, you have gotten the answer “yes”. In this article, the editor will introduce you how to connect the wireless adapter to your computer and give some solutions to some common problems you may meet while using the adapter.
How to wirelessly connect you Xbox One to your PC
This adapter is compatible with windows 7, 8 or 10. And the installation is an easy thing as well.
Generally speaking, the Microsoft has automatic updates on by default, but in case you didn’t allow that or restart your computer, you should confirm whether the wireless adapter has installed properly. To apply the newest windows update to your PC, press the Windows Key on your computer and type in “Windows Update”. Select all the recommended updates to make your computer be completely updated. Once you restart it, it will search for and automatically download the drivers when you plug the wireless adapter in. when all this has been correct completed, you are ready to use your controller.
If you are on Windows 7 or 8, you’ll have to install the file through the device manager. Then you should follow the steps below to do so.
- Click on the start menu and type “Device manager”
- Find “Xbox ACC” and select “Update Driver Software”
- Browse to the “xb 1 usb” file in location and select it
By doing this, your adapter should be installed then.
Common problems you may meet.
However, there are some cases that you may fail to connect the adapter to your computer, click here to watch a tutorial on how to connect adapter with your PC, and one of the common troubles you may meet is that the adapter didn’t auto-install.
The drivers for Xbox one wireless adapter are embedded within the windows 10; if the adapter didn’t auto-install then you should check internet connection and your USB ports firstly to see whether they are disabled in windows 10. What if everything is ok, you should try reinstalling the driver in case they are partially installed.
- Go to your Device Manager.
- Locate Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows in the Network adapters section.
- Click Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows to bring up the Properties window.
- Click on the Driver tab.
- On the Driver tab, click the Uninstall button.
- On the confirmation window, check Delete the driver software for this device.
- Unplug the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows and reboot your Windows 10 device. Once the device is back on, plug in the adapter.
Besides this problem, if the following cases troubled you, you can go to Xbox Support to seek for solutions.
- The adapter was working but isn’t responding now
- The controller won’t bind to the adapter
- The controller frequently disconnect to the adapter
And any of your other problems and suggestions is appreciated. Please comment below.