Supported by advanced technologies, Samsung Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge have been allowed to be charged without wires, and then the following Samsung phones continued the tradition. Unsurprisingly, Galaxy S8 and S8 plus can be placed on a wireless charging pad to get powered up. The Wireless Charging Pad uses Qi Inductive Charging Technology, a global standard for wireless charging that eliminates the need to attach a charging cable every time you want to charge your device. In most circumstances, wireless charging works without removing the device’s case or over.
How to wireless charging Galaxy S8 or S8 plus?
1. Plug the wireless charging pad’s wall charger into a wall outlet.
2. Plug another end of the charger into the back of the charging pad base. The indicator light on the front of the charging pad base will flash blue, green, and cyan when you first plug it in.
3. Place your Galaxy S8 or S8 plus on the charging pad with the screen facing up. In most cases, it’s no need to remove the cases or covers on your S8 or S8 plus.
4. The charging pad will emit a steady blue light when your device is charging. It will emit a steady cyan light when charging at low power (less than 5 V/2 A). If the charging pad emits a slowly flashing blue light, you should reposition your device at the center of the charging pad.
5. The charging pad will emit a steady green light when your device is fully charged.
Best wireless charging pads for Galaxy S8 and S8 plus
Standard Charging Pad
Anker PowerWave Qi 10W Wireless Charging Pad
Current Price: $13.99
- The Need for Speed: A high-efficiency chipset provides 10W high-speed charging for Samsung Galaxy, while iPhones get a boosted 5W charge that’s 10% faster than other wireless chargers.
- Non-Slip, Yes Slim: A slimline profile provides an aesthetically pleasing complement to your desk, while the TPU surface prevents slipping and sliding.
- Case Friendly: Don’t fumble with your phone case. PowerWave transmits charging power directly through protective cases. Metal attachments or cards may interfere with charging.
User-friendly Charging Stand
Anker PowerWave Fast Wireless Charging Pad, Qi-Certified
Current Price: $19.99
- The Anker Advantage: Join the 30+ million powered by our leading technology.
- A Galaxy of Speed: A high-efficiency chipset provides 10W high-speed charging for Samsung Galaxy. iPhones get a boosted 5W charge at 10% faster than other wireless chargers.
- Flip It: Charge in landscape orientation while watching videos, or portrait mode for messaging and facial recognition.
- Case Friendly: Don’t fumble with your phone case. PowerWave transmits charging power directly through protective cases.
On-the-Go Car Charger
EasyAcc Wireless Charger Car Mount with Air Vent Phone Holder
- Quick Charge Supported – ensures continuous wireless high input even when GPS is on, no worries power goes down on the road. (QC 3.0 car charger required, not included).
- One Hand Operation – slide your phone in and secure in place with two simple motions. All can be done with just one hand hence no interruption on driving.
- No Drop – phone and the car mount won’t fall off even driving on tough road due to soft rubber made air vent clip, fixed nut and phone holder keep phone+car mount tight, thus your phone and air vents are well-protected.
- 360° Rotating Phone Holder – Able to set up horizontal and vertical stand angles, more convenient to adjust GPS or to answer calls.
Now, many other wireless charging pads exist. You can choose one according to your needs.
How to Charge Samsung Galaxy S8 without a Charger
《How to wirelessly charge Galaxy S8》有6个想法
I have a question more than a comment. I pre-ordered the S8+ and was wondering which Samsung Wireless charger I should purchase. I was looking at the Samsung Fast Charge Wireless Charging Stand and then noticed that the Fast Charge Wireless Charging Convertible and became confused as to what the difference is. Is it that the latter can be used as a pad? I really want to get the best wireless charger for my new phone and new ruin the battery as this will be my first phone without a removable battery. THANKS!
All of these three Samsung wireless chargers mentioned in this article are compatible with S8+ due to the same technology they apply, Qi Inductive Charging Technology. You can check on Samsung Official website. http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/mobile-accessories/phones/
I have a 2016 Chevrolet Silverado and my galaxy s8 is not charging on the wireless charging pad
My new s8plus will not wirelessly charge
In my new 2017 gmc sierra
The wireless charger for my Samsung Edge 6+ is not compatible with my new Samsung 8+. The duck bill insert on the Samsung 8 is larger than the Samsung 6. This is annoying because it means spending additional money on a Samsung wireless charger. Any comments?
My Galaxy S8+ will not charge wireless with my Samsung wireless charger which I just bought and took out of the box.
Is there a setting that must be turned on? Or something else that needs to be done?