Except for Apple’s Magic Keyboard, there are more and more third-party wireless keyboards designed to be used with iPad and iPhone. Actually, the process for connecting them is the same as any other Bluetooth device. It is pretty easy and won’t cost you much time.
How to connect Bluetooth keyboard to iPad?
1. Launch the Settings app on your iPad.
2. Tap on Bluetooth.
3. Make sure Bluetooth is set to On, then let it search for devices.
4. Activate the Bluetooth on your keyboard if it isn’t already. Otherwise, switch it off and then on to make it discoverable. Usually a dedicated button or by holding the power button down for 5 secs. (Different keyboards might have different procedures for putting them in pairing mode — check with the manufacturer for details.)
5. Once you do this, your keyboard will show up under Devices and say Not Paired.
6. Tap the device name of your Bluetooth keyboard on iPad, you will be prompted with a message to type a series of numbers on your Bluetooth keyboard and then press Enter on the keyboard.
7. Then, the device name of your keyboard will list up under Devices and show Connected. Top 7 Best ipad Gadgets
How to disconnect a Bluetooth keyboard from your iPad?
If you want to revert back to the virtual keyboard, you can simply turn your Bluetooth keyboard off. If you want to disconnect it or have your iPhone or iPad forget about it entirely, you can do that in Settings.
1. Launch the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad.
2. Tap on Bluetooth.
3. Tap on the Info button to the right of the Bluetooth keyboard entry.
4. Tap on Disconnect to temporarily stop your iPad from detecting a Bluetooth keyboard. (You have to reconnect later to use it again.)
Tap on Forget This Device to sever the pairing between your iPad and a Bluetooth keyboard. (You’ll have to re-pair later to use it again.)
Best wireless keyboards for iPad
Completely redesigned, the Magic Keyboard features a built-in rechargeable battery and enhanced keys. With an improved scissor mechanism under each key, you get increased stability and optimized key travel. The Apple Magic Keyboard has a lower profile, for a comfortable and precise typing experience. Long-lasting battery – powers your keyboard for about 1 month or more between charges. Could pair automatically with your Mac, requiring Mac OS X v10.11 or later. Best iPad Pro Keyboard – Apple, Logitech, Brydge and More
Anker Bluetooth Ultra-Slim Keyboard
Works with iOS, Android, Mac and Windows, with shortcut keys for all four systems. 30% smaller than traditional clunky keyboards and as light as a billiard ball. Type quietly and effortlessly on comfortable, low-profile keys.
Logitech Bluetooth Multi-Device Keyboard K480
Switch easily between devices. Just turn the Easy-Switch dial to switch typing between three connected Bluetooth wireless devices. The integrated cradle holds your phone or tablet at just the right angle for you to read while you type. Logitech Create Keyboard for iPad Pro Reviews