Fitbit is a good companion to exercise. We wear it every day for tracking the movement and physical states. When your Fitbit is not charging, how to recovery charge as soon as possible? Please follow my instruction below. Know about why is my Fitbit not working and how to charge Fitbit in different three ways.
Possible reasons about Fitbit not charging:
1.The contacts on the tracker or the charging cable are dirty.
Dust and scrap can accumulate on the charging contacts over time and cause poor contact. Then, your Fitbit tracker cannot be charged anymore. You can clean the charging contacts and pins on charging cable occasionally. See how to clean charging port on iPhone 7(7 plus)
Clean the charging contacts on the back of your tracker to ensure they stay bronze or gold in color:
1. Use a toothpick or a toothbrush rubbing the charging contacts with alcohol.
2. Do not use a wire brush or anything metal to scrape the contacts, since it can damage the plating and cause corrosion.
3. If you use a wet toothbrush, dry your tracker with a cloth or tissue before charging.
Clean the pins on your charging cable:
1. Soak a cotton swab with alcohol and press the swab to the pins carefully.
2. Make sure that no debris from the swab is left behind.
Clean the removable pebble if you have a Flex series tracker:
1. Take the pebble out the wristband and clean it with a cotton swab with alcohol.
2. Dry it with a cloth or paper towel before putting it back in the wristband.
2.The USB port or outlet is faulty.
If your Fitbit tracker cannot be charged, try a different port or outlet. Recommend you plugging your charging cable into a USB port on your computer or other low-energy device. A UL-certified wall charger will also work. Do not use a USB hub or battery pack , and only use the charging cable that came with your tracker.
3.The tracker isn’t connected securely to the charging cable.
Check the alignment and try reconnecting your Fitbit tracker to the charging cable. Make sure the connection is secure. Clip the charging cable to the port on the back of the tracker. The pins on the charging cable must lock securely with the port. Make sure the button on your tracker is aligned with the button opening on the charging cable. You will notice the connection is secure when the tracker vibrates and there will be a battery icon displaying on your tracker. And the icon disappears after 3 seconds.
4.The tracker is malfunctioning.
After you try all the methods above and your tracker cannot be charged still, try to restart your tracker. See how to restart iPhone 7 and 7 Plus
1. Connect your Fitbit tracker with charging cable securely and plug into the USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger. You will notice the connection is secure when the tracker vibrates and there will be a battery icon displaying on your tracker.
2. Press and hold the button on your tracker for four seconds. When you see the Fitbit logo and the tracker vibrates, this means the tracker has restarted.
3. Unplug your tracker from the charging cable.
Different Fitbit trackers should be restart by different methods. It’s better for you to read the manual and restart your tracker following instruction.
If all methods above do not work, contact Customer Support. Hope your problem has been solved after you read my article. If you have any question, please leave it below. It’s my pleasure to help you.