Most people want to buy quality headphones, and want to know which brand or model is better from other people and from advertising, but very few people test the headphones themselves. On the other hand, people love their headphones, and many do everything they can to improve the sound quality of their headphones.
What does sound quality mean?
Many people think that good sound quality has a lot to do with volume, but sound quality is actually defined by the clarity, mixing, and tuning of music production.
How do we measure the sound quality of headphones?
Sound quality can be measured from two different angles:
Subjective: Depends on the listener’s experience evaluating and measuring the sound of the media source and reacting positively or negatively to it.
Objective: Sound quality is measured with dedicated tools to assess the accuracy and clarity of sound.
Note: In fact, the average user can measure the sound quality of the headphone by turning the volume to the maximum and check whether the sound distortion can be clearly heard, if so, it means that the quality of the headphone is not very good, so its speakers cannot produce high quality sound.
Technically speaking, in objective measurement, sound quality depends on different factors measured electronically, such as transient response (transient response), frequency response (frequency response), harmonic distortion (Total Harmonic Distortion, THD) and intermodulation distortion ( intermodulation distortion, IMD) distortion, etc. These factors are related to sound quality, but measurements obtained in this way are very similar to testing the driving experience of a car by objectively measuring horsepower, speed, oil and gas levels, and more. So you can see that since the results of objective measurements come from electronic devices, they cannot provide accurate results for humans.
The conclusion is that measuring the sound quality of earphones is relative, and subjective user experience and objective earphone production quality (such as branded products) must be considered. Most of the time you can say that the more expensive headphones have better sound quality, but with normal or cheap headphones you can use wired headphones and listen to a better media player to compare the sound to that of other brands of headphones Compare, evaluate. Therefore, everyone’s perception of sound quality will be different, depending on personal experience and how you feel when using headphones.
Here are 2 tips to improve the sound quality of headphones for your reference.
Tip 1: Do not wear the earphones on the wrong side
Wear the right channel in your right ear and the left channel in your left ear. Confirming that you’re wearing the headphones in the correct orientation ensures that you’re hearing stereo sound, just as engineers intended when making music.
Tip 2: Adjust the position of the headphone cushion or earmuffs
If you’re using around-ear headphones instead of in-ear headphones, try moving the earcups up and down slightly to see if the sound improves. Many times, we don’t notice that slight adjustments affect the quality.
Bluetooth Headphones Over Ear,BERIBES 65H Playtime and 6 EQ Music Modes Wireless Headphones with Microphone, HiFi Stereo Foldable Lightweight Headset, Deep Bass for Home Office Cellphone PC TV (Pink)
- 【Optional 6 music modes】Adopted most advanced dual 40mm dynamic sound unit and 6 EQ modes, BERIBES updated headphones wireless bluetooth black were born for audiophiles. Simply switch the headphone between balanced sound, extra powerful bass and mid treble enhancement modes. No matter you prefer rock, Jazz, Rhythm & Blues or classic music, BERIBES has always been committed to providing our customers with better sound quality as the focal point of our engineering.
- 🔥【65 Hours Playtime】Low power consumption technology applied, BERIBES bluetooth headphones with built-in 500mAh battery can continually play more than 65 hours, standby more than 950 hours after one fully charge. By included 3.5mm audio cable, the wireless headphones over ear can be easily switched to wired mode when powers off. No power shortage problem anymore
- 🔥【All Day Comfort】Made by premium materials, 0.38lb BERIBES over the ear headphones wireless bluetooth for work are the most lightweight headphones in the market. Adjustable headband makes it easy to fit all sizes heads without pains. Softer and more comfortable memory protein earmuffs protect your ear in long term using
- 🔥【Latest Bluetooth 5.1 and Microphone】Carrying latest Bluetooth 5.2 chip, after booting, 1-3 seconds to quickly pair bluetooth. Beribes bluetooth headphones with microphone has faster and more stable transmitter range up to 33ft. Two smart devices can be connected to Beribes over-ear headphones at the same time, makes you able to pick up a call from your phone when watching movie on your iPad without switching
- 🔥【After Sale Protection】Package include a Foldable Deep Bass Headphone,3.5mm backup audio cable, USB charging cable and User Manual. Provide one year money back guarantee and three year warranty, lifetime worry free user support, contact us anytime if you have any questions about the product, we will reply within 10 hours
Beats Solo3 Wireless On-Ear Headphones – Apple W1 Headphone Chip, Class 1 Bluetooth, 40 Hours of Listening Time, Built-in Microphone – Black (Latest Model)
- High-performance wireless Bluetooth headphones
- Features the Apple W1 chip and Class 1 wireless Bluetooth connectivity
- With up to 40 hours of battery life, Beats Solo3 wireless is your perfect everyday headphone
- Compatible with iOS and Android devices
- With Fast Fuel, 5 minutes of charging gives you 3 hours of playback when battery is low
- Adjustable fit with comfort-cushioned ear cups made for everyday use
- Sleek, streamlined design that’s durable and foldable to go everywhere you do