Finally you have your own iPhone 14. No matter which model you have, it comes with beautiful new design and innovative features. Can’t wait to set it up quickly and have fun with your new device? Before that, make some preparations to help you complete the activation more smoothly.
Preparations before setup
Make sure you have these things at hand: your old phone, your old SIM card (not required if your version only support eSIM), your Wi-Fi and Apple account details. Make sure the old phone is fully charged in case the battery running out while transferring data. After that, you can start by backing up your phone.
If it’s an old iPhone, transferring data would be much easier. The one method is to back up all data to iCloud by goin to Settings>iCloud>iCloud Backup>Back Up Now. You can also directly move data to your new iPhone by using Apple’s Quick Start feature. If your old phone is an Android, download Move to iOS app from Google Play. Note that you can’t transfer everything, but not a few basic info like contacts, messages, photos, and videos.
Steps to set up your iPhone 14
Firstly, insert the old SIM card into your iPhone 14. Then press and hold the power button to turn it on until you see the Apple logo and the word “Hello” in many languages. For the eSIM-only version, you’ll either be asked to transferring your number from your old iPhone (which will take a minute or two to activate cellular data on your new iPhone) or scan a QR code provided by your carrier.
- Quick Start: As we just discussed, if you own an old iPhone, you can try Quick Start for the fastest setup. Turn on Bluetooth on both the iPhones, and put them together and confirm that you want to use the same Apple ID on the new device. An animation will appear on your new iPhone. Hold the old one over it until that image appears in your viewfinder. Then wait for a message that says Finish on New iPhone. Enter the password on your new iPhone, and follow the instructions to set up Face ID or Touch ID on your new iPhone. From there you’ll be invited to choose exactly what you want to backup. Also choose whether to transfer some settings if you want to carry over.
- Set up manually: If you’re jumping from Android, select Set Up manually. Follow the onscreen instructions to set up the iPhone 14 until you see the App&Data. Tap it and choose Move data d from Android. On your Android phone, open Move to iOS app, tap Continue, agree to the terms and conditions, then tap Next. On your iPhone 14, tap Continue>Wait for a ten-digit or six-digit code to appear. After that, go back to your Android, enter the code>wait for the Transfer Data to appear>choose what you want to transfer and tap Next.
Other personalization and seting preferences
After all these are done, you can add other accounts and setting preference, such as email account or battery percentage view. Once finished, you can swipe up to enter your iPhone. Depending on how much there is to transfer, it may take as much as a few hours to get all your applications and other files transferred to your new iPhone.
- The Belkin Difference: Pioneer in technology and innovation for over 35 years.
- Secure Attachment: The Car Vent Mount PRO with MagSafe has been tested to attach securely to most standard car vents, but you should ensure that this product can attach securely in your particular vehicle’s vents prior to use.
- MagSafe Compatible: Powerful MagSafe car vent mount connection with high-quality base and vent clip keeps your device safely in place while driving. Compatible with MagSafe cases.
- View in Any Orientation: Set your playlist in portrait and flip to landscape to use your navigation app.
- Charge and Sync: Connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with Lightning connector to your USB-C or Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) enabled Mac and iPad Pro to seamlessly sync & charge.
- Ultimate Durability: Lasts 12× longer than other cables and proven to withstand over 12000 bends in strict laboratory tests.
- MFi: MFi certification and strict quality testing ensure your Apple devices are charged safely, at their fastest possible speed..
- A Cable for Life: We’re so confident about Powerline II’s long-lasting performance that we gave it a hassle-free, lifetime warranty.