Google unveiled a list of new devices during the 2022 I/O developer conference, among which the Google Pixel Buds Pro is expected to rival the AirPods Pro. The new Pixel Buds comes with some new features, and if you are asking if it can connect to multiple devices, the answer is a definite yes.
Can Pixel Buds Pro connect to multiple devices
The Pixel Buds Pro support multipoint Bluetooth connectivity, allowing you to automatically switch between different devices based on your action, including a phone call, notification, and media playback.
For example, if you are watching a video on your tablet and then receive a phone call. Your Buds Pro will automatically make the switch. After that, a notification will appear on the second device asking you whether to switch back to the original device. Tap it, and you can continue your work or entertainment. Google adds that headphones with audio switching and multi-point support can connect to two Bluetooth devices at a time.
Pros of Bluetooth multipoint
Connecting your earbuds to multiple devices enables you to perform several tasks at a time. You can stay alerted for your business calls while keeping well-informed for things around you. For now, some brands like AirPods, Galaxy Buds, and Jabra has the same function, and Pixel Buds Pro is Google’s first headphones to ship with the Bluetooth multipoint and audio switching.
Cons of Bluetooth multipoint
At the same time, however, this feature is yet a new trend. Some AirPods users have found that the earbuds may auto jump to a device they don’t want to. If you are encountered with the same problem, turning off the audio switching is a solution.
On the other hand, Bluetooth multipoint might tax the earbuds’ battery faster. With the feature on, you need to charge the battery more often. With charging case, this may not be such a enormous concern.
- MADE FOR GOOGLE DUAL CHARGER: Charge both your Pixel phone and Pixel buds efficiently and simultaneously.
- FAST-CHARGING: Qi-certified stand enables you to wirelessly fast-charge your Google phone up to 15W.
- IDEAL VIEWING: View landscape or portrait mode at a 65-degree tilt while charging on the stand.
- CHARGING INDICATORS: White light indicates when device is charging.
- SLEEK & SUBTLE: Modern, unobtrusive design complements any office or living space. The fabric-wrapped, upright charging stand adds a touch of luxury and a rubberized charging pad ensures Qi-enabled accessories don’t slip while charging.