In the latest WWDC 2022, Apple brought with many new announcements for its Mac users, among which the new MacBook Air M2 (2022) is the most exciting. Compared with MacBook Air M1, you get a more powerful M2 chip, bigger and brighter 13.6-inch display, an improved 1080p webcam and more.
When you turn your attention to the ports, you’ll find that there’re just two Thunderbolt/USB 4 ports on the left side. They supports charging, and can connect to external monitors and USB devices, as well as providing enough bandwidth to connect with high-speed devices and extend your laptop’s capabilities.
The good move is that Apple brought back MagSafe charging on the Air M2. The MagSafe charger attaches to your laptop with a magnet, so that if you accidentally trip over the cord while charging, the MagSafe will gently pop out of the port and prevent the entire set up crashing to the floor.
Besides highlighting MacBook Air M2’s 18 hours of battery life on a single charge, Apple also announced the new 35W compact dual USB charger that’s based on the 30W USB-C charger in the box. However, you need to pony up an extra $20 for the charger or upgrade to the $1,499 / AU$1,899 model for a free one. You can also upgrade to the 67W adapter, which enables you to fast charge your laptop to 50% in 30 minutes.
There’s no specific release date for the MacBook Air M2, but Apple says it is due to launch in July. The new model starts at $1,199 / AU$1,899, which is $200 / AU$400 more than the MacBook Air M1 and just $100 / AU$100 less than the new 13-inch MacBook Pro 2022 with the same M2 chip. So let’s just wait and see if it’s worth it.
- Storage Compartment: This slim sleeve with stand can fit laptops/MacBook up to 13 inches and has a storage compartment for adapters and cables. Whether you’re working from home or on the go, Muse can store all your laptop’s essentials.
- 15-degree Convertible Stand: Muse folds into an elevated 15-degree stand in seconds. The ergonomic design reduces wrist strain for optimal comfort when typing, working, and browsing the web, while also maximizing airflow to keep your device cool.
- Eliminate Chances of Scratching: Muse’s zipper-less, magnetic closure gives you convenient access to your laptop without scratching its pristine finish. Inside, a soft Terahedron microfiber inner lining cradles and cleans your device as you slide it in and out.
- Prevent Accidental Drops: For your peace of mind, the SlipGrip opening design prevents your laptop from accidentally dropping out of the sleeve and causing expensive damage.
- Soft to the Touch: You’ve never felt a cable like this before. The silicone finish feels remarkably soft between your fingers as you plug the cable into your device.
- Super Strength: Our softest cable ever is also one of our strongest. Thanks to a 25,000-bend lifespan, this cable is more than ready to handle the stresses and strains of charging on the go.
- Bend It, Twist It, Flex It: Remains tangle-free even when stuffed into a bag or pocket, or wrapped around a portable charger.
- Fast Charging: Supports a max power output of 100W when paired with a 100W or above wall charger to power up virtually any USB-C device, including phones, tablets, and laptops. (This cable does not support media display.)