At Google I/O 2022, Google announced several new features that are coming to Google services, including Google Maps, Google Meet, Google Suite, and many other products like Google Pixel 6a and Google Pixel Buds Pro. Based on the key information Google shared about the Buds Pro, we now know that it features the basic design language while incorporating some new features, such as active noise-cancellation.
Meanwhile, you’ll be glad to find that the new Pixel Buds come with the wireless charging feature that users have been asking for for a long time. Google skip that in the announcement, but more info is learned through the Wireless Power Consortium that certified the earbuds. It can be confirmed that the Pixel Buds Pro supports wireless charging, and more specifically, charged at 2.5W. The is the same charge rate as 2020’s second-generation Pixel Buds, but faster than Apple’s AirPods Pro which wirelessly charges at 1.7W.
Considering that the best speeds for wireless earbuds are Sony WF-1000XM4 earbuds, which see a 5W charging speed, the Pixel Buds Pro just stands in the middle of the road for potential wireless charge time. The Pixel Buds case is also enabled Pixel’s Battery Share, or reverse wireless charging, so you have one more option to charge the earbuds.
You’ll be able to pre-order the Pixel Buds Pro on July 21 and the earbuds will be available for purchase on July 28 for $199, which directly competes and undercuts the Apple AirPods Pro by $50.
iOttie iON Wireless Duo Charging Stand for Google
- MADE FOR GOOGLE DUAL CHARGER: Charge both your Pixel phone and Pixel buds efficiently and simultaneously.
- FAST-CHARGING: Qi-certified stand enables you to wirelessly fast-charge your Google phone up to 15W.
- IDEAL VIEWING: View landscape or portrait mode at a 65-degree tilt while charging on the stand.
- CHARGING INDICATORS: White light indicates when device is charging.
- SLEEK & SUBTLE: Modern, unobtrusive design complements any office or living space. The fabric-wrapped, upright charging stand adds a touch of luxury and a rubberized charging pad ensures Qi-enabled accessories don’t slip while charging.