Google finally unpacked its Pixel 6a at Google I/O on Wednesday, offering some of the same features as the Pixel 6 at a more affordable price. However, the bad news is that this A-series model for the first time is missing a 3.5mm headphone jack.
The lack of a headphone jack on the Pixel 6a started from Apple since it ditched the technology on the iPhone 7 in 2016, though Google just touted Apple’s decision for dropping the headphone jack last August. The Pixel 2 was the first to copy iPhone, and now it’s the new Pixel A series’ turn.
Google also unveiled the Pixel Buds Pro at this Google I/O, so ditching the headphone jack would promote its brand-new wireless earphones to some extent. As an alternative, you can also use USB-C wired headphones for your phone that lacks a 3.5mm headphone jack or simply buy a USB-C to audio adapter.
The Google Pixel 6A costs $449 and features a slight redesign in line with last year’s Pixel 6 range, with a raised camera bump on the rear that houses a 12MP main camera and a 12MP ultra-wide lens. Powered by the company’s custom Tensor chipset, the 6A comes with a 6.1-inch OLED 1080p display running at 60Hz and includes an under-screen fingerprint sensor.
- Securely mount your smartphone to your car’s air vent
- Rotates 360 degrees for portrait and landscape view
- Low profile mount works with most car vents
- Adjustable brackets securely hold smartphones up to 5.5 inches even when in a protective case
- Matte surface grips device
- Cable management keeps cable at your fingertips
- Compatible with most smartphones including most iPhones and Samsung Galaxy smartphones, LG G5, Google Nexus, Google Pixel and Pixel XL, Huawei, HTC 10 and Microsoft Lumia 950
- 【Multipurpose Phone Holder】The gooseneck phone clamp mount is designed to: watch Netflix handsfree while lying in bed or sofa at home, use facetime with families when clipped on the desk, read recipes in the kitchen, taking selfies. And it also can be an overhead phone holder for video recording.
- 【Easy to Install】Featuring the adjustable clamp base varying from 0 to 2.36 inches (6cm), the cell phone clip holder can be securely mounted on the bed frame, bedside, headboard, nightstand, desk, end table and kitchen counter etc. A non-slip silicone base won’t scratch the surface of your furniture.
- 【Stable and Durable】As for the 33.4 inches (85cm) bendable lazy long snake arm, high- quality Aluminum-magnesium alloy solid core makes the lazy arm sturdy enough to hold his phone firmly, yet flexible to bend in any direction to accommodate your view. It will be a lifesaver for protecting you from neck pain.