The iPhone SE, also the Special Edition for the iPhone lineup, has always been a budget choice that crams modern guts into a classic design, and the 3-generation iPhone SE is no exception. It looks nearly identical to iPhone 8, but inside there’re some new features like 5G support and the A15 Bionic chip from the iPhone 13. Apple also claims that you could expect 2 hours longer battery life on this new handset, thanks to the new efficient chip and other optimizations. But how long does the phone last, really?
Battery life of iPhone SE 2022
The 3rd-gen iPhone SE was revealed to have a 2,018mAh battery, a slight improvement over its predecessors (iPhone SE 2020 1,821mAh and iPhone SE 1,624mAh). During testing, iPhone SE 2022 does show longer battery life than its predecessors, which is around 9 hours with average use like web surfing, but it’s still not good enough, compared with the phones on the same level like the Google Pixel 5a and Samsung Galaxy A52. With more video or gaming, the battery would die much faster.
As a result, you probably have to recharge your phone around the evening to make it throughout the day. But it’s not a problem if you are someone who doesn’t run apps or streams very often, or doesn’t care about topping up the phone during the day.
How to extend battery life of iPhone SE 2022
The new iPhone SE benefits from the Smart Data mode, which intelligently conserves battery life by automatically shifting iPhone to LTE when 5G speeds are not needed. You can also enable Low Power mode to turn off unnecessary background processes to make it last longer. But besides these, there’re a lot of things to do to save the battery life of your small iPhone.
- Stop sharing iPhone Analytics. Go to Settings>Privacy>Analytics & Improvements, and then turn off Share iPhone Analytics.
- Turn off personalized ads. Go to Settings>Privacy>Apple Advertising, then turn it off.
- Use location services wisely. Go to Settings>Privacy>Location Services, then change the settings for each app. You can conserve battery by turning on While Using instead of Always.
- Turn off most system services. Go to Settings>Privacy>Location Services>System Services, turn off the settings based on your need.
- Optimize Background App Refresh. Go to Settings>General>Background App Refresh. Your apps refresh their content by default, turn them off if you think they’re unnecessary.
- Stop pushing notifications. Go to Settings>Mail>Accounts>Fetch New Data. Here, you can turn off Push and choose fetching notifications every 15 minutes, 30 minutes, hourly, or manually.
- Turn off Preload Top Hit. Go to Settings>Safari, then turn off Preload Top Hit to prevent things you don’t want to read.
- Get an external battery pack:You can also prepare an external battery pack to extend your phone’s battery life, but note that iPhone SE 2022 doesn’t feature MagSafe support.
iWalk 4500mAh Ultra-Compact Portable Charger
- Fashion Design:Smooth face and better texture makes it elegant and unique.
- Upgraded Capacity: 4500mAh is big enough to fully charge your iPhone 8 1.5 times or charge your iPhone X 1 time.
- Upgraded built-in Lightning Cable:Supports thicker cases than last generation,no longer need to remove the case first to charge your iPhone.
- Ultra-Compact: Size of a lipstick,not need a cord it’s easy to slip in your pocket or your purse and when you need it you have a charger right then and there.
Belkin 5000mAh Portable Power Bank
- The Belkin Difference: Pioneer in technology and innovation for over 35 years
- 5,000 mAh power bank provides up to 35 hours of additional battery life for your smartphone
- Charge connected devices via 12W USB-A port; recharge power bank via USB-C port with included USB to USB-C cable
- LED indicator displays charging status
Anker 1000mAh Portable Charger
- Quality Throughout:Built adventure-tier touch with superior durability and scratch resistance, PowerCore Slim 10000 is premium both inside and out.
- Slim Size, Big Power:One of the slimmest and lightest 10,000mAh portable chargers on the market. Provides 2.25 charges for iPhone 12, 1.6 charges for Galaxy S20 and 1.2 charges for iPad mini 5.
- Versatile Charging: Anker’s exclusive PowerIQ and VoltageBoost technology combine to detect and deliver a tailored charge up to 12W, while the trickle-charging mode is the best way to charge low-power devices.
- Superior Safety:Anker’s comprehensive MultiProtect safety system includes overcharge protection, short circuit protection, temperature control, and more.