Introduced on September 14, 2021, the iPhone 13 and iPhone 13 mini are Apple’s newest flagship iPhones at the more affordable end.And these models lack of remarkable update compared iphone 11 pro series.Iphone 13 mini maybe is an unnexpected show up.Someone may pay close attention to the IR blaster feature.Unfortunately, the iPhone does not include an IR blaster. Apple hasn’t included the IR blaster in any iPhone so far.
As far as i am concerned that iphone will not add the IR blaster feature in the future,for that iphone have launched the HomeKit,which is a framework launched by Apple in 2014 for communicating with and controlling connected accessories in a user’s home.For example,HomeKit lets you control smart home products using apps on your iPhone, iPad, or Mac, or simple Siri voice.
So, HomeKit plays a great part in our smart home life and offers that Amazon and google do not.Besides, it will make some extra costs that some of the HomeKit devices cost.You can choose some affordable brand, for instance,Meross.The best HomeKit devices can be controlled with Apple’s voice assistant, Siri. With your voice or any Siri-enabled gadget, you can carry out hands-free commands and allow your smart home devices communicate with each other.
If you have no idea about setting the HomeKit,just follow these steps:
- Open the Home app and tap Add Accessory or Add .
- Tap Add Accessory .
- Use the camera on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to scan the eight-digit HomeKit code, or QR code on the accessory or accessory documentation. If you have an iPhone 7 or later and see on your accessory, hold your iPhone near the accessory to add it.
- When your accessory appears, tap it. If asked to Add Accessory to Network, tap Allow.
- Name your accessory and assign it to a room to help you identify it in the Home app and control it with Siri.
- Tap Next, then tap Done.
- Neutral Wire Required: Please make sure your electric box has a neutral wire(in white color) before purchasing Smart Light Switch. If you are not sure, please take a photo of the inner part of your electric box and send it to us. We can check it for you timely.
- Remote Control: To enable HomeKit remote control, you need a HomePod, an Apple TV 4K, Apple TV HD, or an iPad. Set any of these Apple devices in your house as a HomeKit bridge and connect it to your home Wi-Fi network. Keep in mind that once your HomeKit bridge is set up, it has to be kept online. If it is powered off or disconnected from the Wi-Fi, it will fail to respond when you intend to control the device remotely.
- Voice Control: Compatible with Apple HomeKit, Apple Watch, Siri, Carplay, Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant and SmartThings. You can give simple voice commands to turn on/off the devices that are connected to smart light switch. Just say “Hey Siri, turn off the living room light.” All data is securely transmitted and stored using AWS servers in US.
- Easy to Install: Less than 15 min installation. Works in a single pole setup only. smart switch fits for your existing 1/2/3/4 gang standard size Decora/GFCI faceplate. smart Wi-Fi switch works with the 2.4GHz Wi-Fi only, does NOT support 5GHz Wi-Fi, no hub required.
- Schedule and Timer Setting: Meross light switch supports to turn on and off the light automatically. Added benefit of saving energy when lights are not needed or are left on by accident. Support sunrise and sunset setting.